*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
Mine is in a DPD van, taking 3 hours to get 3 streets over. I actually spoke to the delivery driver and he said he can't give it to me because he has to do it in the order given to him!

His route is pre-calculated for maximum efficiency between time and fuel. If he strays from that it would effect his whole schedule.

Associate
So, because of Googles websites **** up, I'm getting 2 Nexus 5's delivered instead of 1. Ridiculous, my bank account is an extra £300 light and I can't cancel the order. When the google website said "Error placing order blah blah" I wasn't expecting it to still go through. So, now I can either reject the delivery of the phone, knowing my luck there is a **** up and I never see my money, or I keep the spare one and sell it on the MM here. I've looked on ebay and saw crazy prices for them, but I would happily sell it for what I paid for it, but have the 16GB blacks actually sold out?

Man of Honour
So, because of Googles websites **** up, I'm getting 2 Nexus 5's delivered instead of 1. Ridiculous, my bank account is an extra £300 light and I can't cancel the order. When the google website said "Error placing order blah blah" I wasn't expecting it to still go through. So, now I can either reject the delivery of the phone, knowing my luck there is a **** up and I never see my money, or I keep the spare one and sell it on the MM here. I've looked on ebay and saw crazy prices for them, but I would happily sell it for what I paid for it, but have the 16GB blacks actually sold out?

If it's not been dispatched phone them rather than trying to cancel through the site but you won't be able to sell it in the MM.

Associate
Phoned US Support last night and phoned UK support today and they're telling me I can't cancel the order. Sick of being on the phone to Google.

Also, I have had e-mail notification of dispatch for 1 of the orders, but both of the orders are still sitting on Pending, I take it that's not normal?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ordered just before midnight last night and then got an automated call this morning from Halifax to confirm the transaction.

Now the status says 'Pending'. However, I have no idea whether I'm supposed to cancel and reorder, or just simply wait!

Had similar thing, I caved in and canceled it and reordered. Now status is "Leaves warehouse by 6 November 2013" rather than pending.

Soldato
So it turns out I got the address on my order wrong, typed "sqaure" instead of "square" and got my phone number wrong too. Arghhhh. This is what you get when you're trying to order on your phone on a carpy 3G connection in a hurry....

Rung Google who can't change it, advised I speak to Parcefarce when it gets sent out which should be soon. Bit annoying but hopefully it gets here OK.

Soldato
Well! An interesting morning. I woke up and placed an order for a 32GB Nexus 5 from Google! I didn't have any intention to buy one; in fact I wasn't even aware of its release! Perhaps I'm still half asleep?!

What i have been noticing though is how much my S3 annoys me compared to my Nexus 7ii tablet, so slow. There's also the value of my S3 which has been plumiting... time to get rid of while I can still get something back from it!

There! I've justified it to myself! :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So it turns out I got the address on my order wrong, typed "sqaure" instead of "square" and got my phone number wrong too. Arghhhh. This is what you get when you're trying to order on your phone on a carpy 3G connection in a hurry....

Rung Google who can't change it, advised I speak to Parcefarce when it gets sent out which should be soon. Bit annoying but hopefully it gets here OK.

Neither of them are going to cause an issue.

Associate
If there was a 64GB version I'd probably be excitedly waiting for a parcel to turn up at the moment.

Actually, quite glad there isn't a 64GB version as I can't really afford it...

Associate
Phoned Google again and got a guy that actually knew what he was talking about this time, told me he can cancel one of my orders, and is e-mailing me so I can get in contact with him straight away if there are any problems. Saves me a bit of hassle.

Back
Top Bottom