*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Associate
Well a big let down from CPW in Sheffield , ordered online to collect in store, get to shop 2 hours later and no record of the order , best they can do is a mail order for Monday. Suspious that the nexus 5 sign for contracts was still outside. Have an order from google on its way at least.

Soldato
So one of the new features with 4.4 is NFC emulation.

Does this mean it's possible to clone a travel card, such as an Oyster, and write it to a blank card? Or am I missing something? I thought there would be some sort of encryption preventing this.

Man of Honour
So one of the new features with 4.4 is NFC emulation.

Does this mean it's possible to clone a travel card, such as an Oyster, and write it to a blank card? Or am I missing something? I thought there would be some sort of encryption preventing this.

From what I can gather it means the carriers no longer need to allow Google access to the secure element of the phone which is what was making rolling out NFC such a pain in the arse.
So hopefully we'll see a lot more NFC payment, loyalty card type apps.

Associate
My package tracking email just says this when i click the link from google play:

We are currently unable to confirm that status of your parcel. Please check the number and try again. Please note that items sent over 4 months ago cannot be tracked online. If you are tracking a parcel sent from outside of the UK, we may not have received it yet. Please try again or use the help button below.

Back
Top Bottom