*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

**** launch imo. 1. No official Announcement 2. Making it live on 6pm on a Thursday so we have to wait until Monday for delivery

Only good thing is stock levels

I see CPW has the option to add to basket now, reserve and collect in store a Sim-Free Handset, problem is no local stores list them as available. Has anyone else achieved success of this method?

I tried SW11, SW19 and SW20 postcodes and none of the stores came up as having any despite being told by CPW Wimbledon last night that the Colliers Wood and a few other places had stock. Still, they could have sold I guess.

I tried SW11, SW19 and SW20 postcodes and none of the stores came up as having any despite being told by CPW Wimbledon last night that the Colliers Wood and a few other places had stock. Still, they could have sold I guess.

I have found a store with them instock. Or atleast reportedly.

I have a reservation number, but do not wish to be led up the Garden Path.

As it would be a 60 mile round trip...

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumours that popped on Reddit that the phone includes full app backup and 100gb of Google Drive space?

Doesn't look like it was true unfortunately. It's one of the big features I'd like to see as part of the OS. Guess We'll have to stick with Helium from now.

Bit disappointed in the battery capacity. I was looking for an excuse to trade in my Note 2 as I don't use the S Pen. Trouble is, the Note has an enormous battery and I'm highly reluctant to lose an hour's screen on time per day, or whatever it'll end up at.

Woohoo - just got the shipping email, it's also in the London depot. Not getting my hopes up, but the N7 I ordered direct from Google was delivered on the Saturday morning by Parcelforce.

So one of the new features with 4.4 is NFC emulation.

Does this mean it's possible to clone a travel card, such as an Oyster, and write it to a blank card? Or am I missing something? I thought there would be some sort of encryption preventing this.

Sort of. Most NFC systems work over PKI so you in theory would use an app to load the device with the public key, and use your login part for your personal part of the encryption chain, phone now "pretends" it's an NFC card using the key from the app + your encrypted details - job done.

Bit disappointed in the battery capacity. I was looking for an excuse to trade in my Note 2 as I don't use the S Pen. Trouble is, the Note has an enormous battery and I'm highly reluctant to lose an hour's screen on time per day, or whatever it'll end up at.

While it won't be anywhere close to Note 2 good it will still be pretty strong. There have been some decent optimisations with the various sensors, music playback (50% power reduction) and the envelope tracking should help a fair bit when on 3/4G.

If the note 2 is anything like my note the battery will warp after 13 months and die. Onto my second replacement in my 24 months

Back
Top Bottom