*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Google really isn't geared for selling hardware is it? My phone is listed as shipping by the 5th, "pending" when I click it. They said they take the money on dispatch but my banks available balance a 32GB N5 short of the total balance, so must be them taking it.

Google really isn't geared for selling hardware is it? My phone is listed as shipping by the 5th, "pending" when I click it. They said they take the money on dispatch but my banks available balance a 32GB N5 short of the total balance, so must be them taking it.

they reserve the money until they dispatch it :)

Pretty certain they allocate the funds, but don't 'take' the money. Not much difference either way though.

After verifying my online purchases with Halifax this morning, I have no idea whether Google will try again to charge me. My status is stuck on 'Pending'.

So I called up Google and they say they can't see any problems so far. Maybe they haven't even got as far to charging me yet, so if that's the case, then when they do it should be fine as I've now got Halifax to authorise it.

What I don't want is to cancel and reorder again, to then have the original order go through and then I'm charged twice, or I'm placed at the end of the queue.

But then I don't also want to 'wait it out and see', to then find my order is stuck because they were blocked after all at taking the first payment, with no further attempts to charge me, and it was all up to me to try order again.

Also, because I've used a Halifax credit card, then if they have charged me already, it won't show up on my balance straight away.

ello guys,

Which place should I get the Nexus 5 from? CPW website or Play Store?

Which would be delivered quicker at the moment? :)

Thanks

ello guys,

Which place should I get the Nexus 5 from? CPW website or Play Store?

Which would be quicker at the moment? :)

Thanks

Hard to tell right now, CPW has changed to preorder which indicates they may be out of stock for online orders.

Best bet to get one right now is to nip down to your local CPW and see if they have any for sale kicking about. Some have had some success this way.

Hard to tell right now, CPW has changed to preorder which indicates they may be out of stock for online orders.

Best bet to get one right now is to nip down to your local CPW and see if they have any for sale kicking about. Some have had some success this way.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I just saw that.

Went to the CPW shop earlier, they have 3 in stock but the guy told me they can only sell it to me on contract. :(

Ordered a 32gb white yesterday from Play, still pending here. The guy on Google support said it won't ship till the 5th but I find that kinda unlikely.

Ordered 32gb white on Google play last night... just received email saying it's dispatched :)

Using the tracker it seems to be sitting in London at the mo. Seems to be Royal Mail (Parcel force) being used... if i miss it at least i won't have a stupid round trip to get to depot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom