*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

I was going to download the Three InTouch from the Play store on my PC but noticed it said the app wasn't compatible with my N5, despite it being stock 4.4.4 un-rooted. I then noticed my N5 was labelled "O2 LGE NEXUS 5" from the drop down list so it says that this app is incompatible with your provider (i.e O2 - actually on GiffGaff but they use O2)

I want to try and see what Three signal is like in my area and home (ignoring coverage maps at the moment) and was wondering if anything would change with my N5 if I put a Three simcard in as oppose to this GiffGaff sim. Since i've been on Android (GS3, GS4, N5) I have always had the same sim. I know i'll obviously have to change the APN settings etc and disable the sim-lock feature in Cerberus.

Will my device update pretty quick on Play and change to Three? Anyone swapped provider in a N5 recently and all ok without too much messing?

I was going to download the Three InTouch from the Play store on my PC but noticed it said the app wasn't compatible with my N5, despite it being stock 4.4.4 un-rooted. I then noticed my N5 was labelled "O2 LGE NEXUS 5" from the drop down list so it says that this app is incompatible with your provider (i.e O2 - actually on GiffGaff but they use O2)

I want to try and see what Three signal is like in my area and home (ignoring coverage maps at the moment) and was wondering if anything would change with my N5 if I put a Three simcard in as oppose to this GiffGaff sim. Since i've been on Android (GS3, GS4, N5) I have always had the same sim. I know i'll obviously have to change the APN settings etc and disable the sim-lock feature in Cerberus.

Will my device update pretty quick on Play and change to Three? Anyone swapped provider in a N5 recently and all ok without too much messing?

You can literally just turn the device off, swap the SIM and boot up as normal. I was doing this quite regularly when I was testing networks, never had to update the APNs, it was all done automatically.

I'm not sure how quickly it will update your phone's network on the play store, but I can't imagine it would take too long.

Would you guys who have a nexus 5 still recommend one as a contender with the current top end phones? :) considering getting it sim free :)

Same here. Thought annoyingly, the 32Gb version in black is unavailable from Google Play. Says it is out of inventory.

The 16Gb version in black is available...not sure if I need the extra space or not.....hmmmm

I've got the s5 and the misses has the nexus5. The nexus is a much nicer and faster phone. The only thing that lets the nexus down is the camera, it seems to blur a lot of pics by having bad focus.

I've noticed since the 4.4.4 udpdate that my GPS is shocking at keeping a lock on. When using an app like Endomondo, all I get is GPS lost, GPS resumed, not constantly, but enough to be annoying

I would totally recommend n5! Still the smoothest and fastest phone I've played with/owned. :)

Had it since release and I just can't see my self upgrading till the new batch of "flagships" comes out.. :) simply nothing on the market right now.. There are phones that tempt me but its just because I want a new toy.. Not because nexus is bad

I would totally recommend n5! Still the smoothest and fastest phone I've played with/owned. :)

Had it since release and I just can't see my self upgrading till the new batch of "flagships" comes out.. :) simply nothing on the market right now.. There are phones that tempt me but its just because I want a new toy.. Not because nexus is bad

Would agree, apart from the battery life that is good but not great when you compare it to the Z2/G2/S5/M8, its my only real compliant.

For the price thou nothing really comes close. I wouldn't really look at anything else unless it has a S810 now.

Crap. The N5 battery life is dire compared to its contemporaries, and all top end phones now are much worse than flagships from a few years back. 1 days battery is a rare thing, if you use your phone at all you will need to charge it through the day.

Back
Top Bottom