*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
My s3s battery I would've classed as pretty bad, my iphone 5 that I had before it was better, but I guess it was almost two years old before it died

Much better, I can get 4 hours screen time on my Nexus 5, straggled to get 3 hours on the S3 to be honest. The Nexus 5 batter is decent, its just the newer devices are better, it is on the smaller side at 2300mha for 5".

Soldato
Yeah, that's pretty small compared to the 3200mah battery in the z2, I'm finding it really difficult to decide on what phone to upgrade to :/ doesn't help that I can't watch videos of the phones, since I have no Internet at home also my s3 died on me a couple of weeks ago :(

Associate
Yeah, that's pretty small compared to the 3200mah battery in the z2, I'm finding it really difficult to decide on what phone to upgrade to :/ doesn't help that I can't watch videos of the phones, since I have no Internet at home also my s3 died on me a couple of weeks ago :(
Have you considered the LG G2? Same prices as the N5 but has far bigger battery and superior camera. Only issue is LG's crap on top of Android...

Soldato
I was looking at the g3, but I decided that it wasn't for me as I liked the look of the htc m8 and the xperia z2 more, not to mention the fact that the buttons being on the back would really annoy me

you can turn the M8 into an official stock google play edition very easily

only other phone i would consider tbh.

stock android is worth its weight in gold

Soldato
Currently it'd be two options, either go for a contract with an m8/z2 (cheaper initially, but more overall (also 4gb data)) or get a nexus 5 and go for a sim free contract (more expensive at first but roughly half the price per month (also unlimited data))

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Currently it'd be two options, either go for a contract with an m8/z2 (cheaper initially, but more overall (also 4gb data)) or get a nexus 5 and go for a sim free contract (more expensive at first but roughly half the price per month (also unlimited data))

Get the M8, I was deciding between N5 and M8. I went with Nexus 5, but it was a hard decision to make...

I noticed that my nexus 5 has very low signal at my house (O2 - Our network is currently working fine ) ... also the speaker and microphone on the phone aren't that great. I'm thinking of getting a new nexus 5 under the warranty as this one might be faulty or are you guys experiencing same signal issues?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Get the M8, I was deciding between N5 and M8. I went with Nexus 5, but it was a hard decision to make...

I noticed that my nexus 5 has very low signal at my house (O2 - Our network is currently working fine ) ... also the speaker and microphone on the phone aren't that great. I'm thinking of getting a new nexus 5 under the warranty as this one might be faulty or are you guys experiencing same signal issues?

your post is seriously confusing :)

only reason I'd go for m8 is if you don't mind the size, want modified android, don't mind rubbish(IMO BITE ME) camera and want great speakers. Otherwise nexus 5 wins.

Soldato

I would go with the M8, EE currently have some voucher so you could get 10GB of data for £32.99 a month and only £20 up front.

http://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-monthly/htc-one-m8-metallic-grey/details

Drag the sliders to pay less ever month and use the below voucher code to get most off the up front changers dropped.

EEHTCM81707

IC3

IC3

Soldato
your post is seriously confusing :)

only reason I'd go for m8 is if you don't mind the size, want modified android, don't mind rubbish(IMO BITE ME) camera and want great speakers. Otherwise nexus 5 wins.

You pointed out what I wanted (camera and audio), but as you said I didn't want all that rubbish from HTC.

Still, am I the only one here suffering from signal loses and rubbish call quality?

Soldato
Soldato
You can literally just turn the device off, swap the SIM and boot up as normal. I was doing this quite regularly when I was testing networks, never had to update the APNs, it was all done automatically.

I'm not sure how quickly it will update your phone's network on the play store, but I can't imagine it would take too long.

Got the Three sim yesterday, as soon as the phone rebooted with the new sim, fired up Play store and it was instantly up as a Three and could install the app. Swapping back over to GiffGaff sim with reboot and the phone is back to O2 on Playstore so it must be a real time check everytime you fire play store up which is quite good ... App hasnt uninstalled now back on GiffGaff. Need a bit more playing around with the InTouch stuff as it could end up draining my battery quite quick

Caporegime
Would you guys who have a nexus 5 still recommend one as a contender with the current top end phones? :) considering getting it sim free :)

Without a doubt!

Still loving mine. Battery life has gone back to being great possibly even better since I also switched to ART runtime instead of dalvik.

Camera is better than what a lot of people say too, just make sure you use HDR+ mode for 99% of the photos, still have yet to take a blurry photo, even in low light!

BMmA53Lh.jpg

Remove the "h" before ".jpg" for a larger version.

Here is the same photo but modified specially for the glorious 2560x1080 res. of your monitor ;)

http://i.imgur.com/XnOXX5H.jpg

Main reason for owning a nexus device though is stock android and guaranteed updates without delays.

Back
Top Bottom