*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
xcloak has worked for the last 2-3 updates including their other app Ping It as well as SkyGo etc as it sits on the framework between the actual app and fs, they're going to struggle to stop it, one of the major reasons that xposed is so popular on XDA etc

OK I might have have to give it a go.

Also see below I pasted from google boards if you still have an issue with video hiss

Hey everybody. The fix got its own thread over on xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/mod-camcorder-audio-quality-fix-t2837930/

This is the real deal fix for this issue. We can all now enjoy fully functioning Nexus 5s now. Be sure to give chdloc a thanks for coming through for us.

Turns out it absolutely was a problem with recklessly aggressive noise canceling software after all.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Soldato
OP
what I like about n5's camera is the consistency.. when ever I take a pic it always seems to come out good, I don't need to continuously re-take pics just to get one done right, with oppo for e.g. pics were a lot more inconsistent where I had to take 3-4 pics of the same thing to get ONE nice picture, same with other phones I've tried.

it might not be the best overall but it's the easiest(I found) to take a good shot with.

some random photos taken with phone, no editing, literally point-and-shot-upload -;

Last edited:
Soldato
I find the Nexus 5 to be the most complete phone that isn't completing with the flagship devices and it's extremely fast and fluid. LG/ Google did a great job with this phone.

The camera is great and I don't understand why people knock it. The only thing that lets the device down is the battery but Android L will no doubt solve that problem.

Super phone..

Here's a couple of pics I took over the weekend. Just point and shoot using the HDR mode.

nn3Em3J.jpg

PDQ9xzg.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My first day of using mine after coming from the desire and its been amazing. Such a step up. So glad I took the leap. Got the 32gb version in red. The red is a bit striking though, got a black case which covers it up though! Haha!

Soldato
Do you know whether this will be a 'high end' flagship model, or more of a 'middle of the road' device?

Not clear as yet, lots of rumors at present, however Google have said they will continue the Nexus range. lots of rumors that Motorola will make it or HTC.

I am sure we will see it come November with the latest L release

Back
Top Bottom