*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
I am currently formatting my 128GB microSD card to FAT32 using a command prompt. It has taken a while so far and is only on 7%.

If I rooted my N5 using the Wugfresh tool, would apps like Poweramp and MediaMonkey be able to read an NTFS/exFAT formatted microSD card?

Soldato
Fact charging cable?!?

*Fast* charging cable :D

Basically it utilises the portable battery and delivers a 3 Amp charge so the N5 is charged pretty quickly so I have more than enough juice before I get home from work. As I've been caught out quite a few times lately and have had to put the phone on airplane mode just to conserve battery for the journey home.

Soldato
Unlocked and rooted my Nexus 7 using the Wugfresh toolkit and I can finally read an exFAT microSDXC card by using StickMount and some NTFS/exFAT libraries to help my Nexus 7 read those formats (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.stickmount).

I can now try unlocking and rooting my N5 and then, when that works, I can truly be independent of my iPod and that's one less thing to carry around every day. :)

Associate
Unlocked and rooted my Nexus 7 using the Wugfresh toolkit and I can finally read an exFAT microSDXC card by using StickMount and some NTFS/exFAT libraries to help my Nexus 7 read those formats (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.stickmount).

I can now try unlocking and rooting my N5 and then, when that works, I can truly be independent of my iPod and that's one less thing to carry around every day. :)

What cable/device are you using to connect a SDXC card to the Nexus 7? Will this work on a Nexus 5?

Soldato
What cable/device are you using to connect a SDXC card to the Nexus 7? Will this work on a Nexus 5?
A Meenova mini microSD card reader. Costs $12 which is about £7.20. Shipping is $3 or £1.80. Seems they have a new model which comes out on Monday. :) I have two of the original version, one for my phone for my music collection and one for my Nexus 7 for my movies to watch on the train. :cool:

And yes the device will work with a Nexus 5. It doesn't work with the Nexus 4.

http://www.meenova.com/

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Bought a Techgear tempered glass screen protector for my Nexus 5, so far so good. Feels nice, not easily scratched and hopefully will give it some extra protection. Only £4 from the rainforest too.

Soldato
OP
Oct/Nov is a given. Believe the rumors at your peril.

I will give up an sd slot if the rest of the specs are poifect.

we can forget SD slot on a nexus phone :) not going to happen.

I'd say mid November, the usual! :) if it's 5.2" I'm getting one on release and ditching my oppo find 5 and I'll keep n5 as a spare.

Back
Top Bottom