*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a decent desk cradle for the Nexus 5?

There are plenty to choose from but ideally I'd like one that will accommodate my case (SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case Slim [Ultra Fit]) too??

Anyone got the same case and a desk cradle for charging & data connection??

Soldato
OPO is nice but seems to have a few issues with yellow screen and software crashes?

i decided to wait as we will have a new Nexus phone within the next 3 months

Good move as the OPO is extremely buggy and the yellow screen and multi touch issues just killed it for me. It doesn't help that OPO's customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Besides the new Nexus is only a few months away.

Can anyone recommend a decent desk cradle for the Nexus 5?

There are plenty to choose from but ideally I'd like one that will accommodate my case (SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case Slim [Ultra Fit]) too??

Anyone got the same case and a desk cradle for charging & data connection??

not exactly a cradle but have you considered a Qi charger pad? it's what i use and find it the best as it'll work with any case (assuming Qi charging works with cases?) and is nice and easy to just pick up to use the phone and chuck back on the pad

Soldato
So having owned the HTC One M8 for a few days and although it has better screen, speakers, SoC and battery life I found it not as fast and fluid as the N5.

Yes the GPe would be just as good as the N5 however the form factor just didn't cut it for me. I don't need the boom sound speakers therefore negating the size of the phone as I find the N5 is perfect for me.

I'll put up with the mediocre battery life of the N5 for a little while longer at least until the Moto X+1 is released and Android L is made available at the end of the year. I'm counting on Google's claims that there's an increase in battery life so I'm looking forward to that.

So far this year the N5 has seen off the LG G2, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2 and OPO. The latter being the closest to dethroning the N5, however with dodgy hardware and buggy software it didn't cut the mustard and the N5 lived to see another day.

Mobster
Soldato
Yep! Somehow I doubt I'll beat yours though...You're the King for buying and returning phones lol ;)

Hahahaha! Well maybe I should slow down a bit ;)

Then again, nope not happening :p

I see you've got your eye on getting a HTC One M8 now?

Yep indeed.

Was gonna take a look at the OnePlus One but their are so many issues with it that I'd rather not take the risk. Returning it to China would be a pain as well.

Soldato
Hahahaha! Well maybe I should slow down a bit ;)

Then again, nope not happening :p

Yep indeed.

Was gonna take a look at the OnePlus One but their are so many issues with it that I'd rather not take the risk. Returning it to China would be a pain as well.

No point slowing down Mate, there's a few more phones on the horizon to be released. Might as well go for the cream of the crop eh? :p

The OPO has loads of issues and I'd stay clear for the time being at least until they sort the yellow screen problem out. It's very annoying and looks like the bottom quarter of the phone has been dipped in p***

Keep an eye on the forums for any updates and once there's news I'd get one then.

Soldato
Absolutely loving Android L. Haven't had to install nearly as many 3rd party apps to get things how I like them. Notifications have been re-worked very nicely. Phone is very snappy but that probably has more to do with being a nice fresh install. Anyone else enjoying it?

Soldato
Absolutely loving Android L. Haven't had to install nearly as many 3rd party apps to get things how I like them. Notifications have been re-worked very nicely. Phone is very snappy but that probably has more to do with being a nice fresh install. Anyone else enjoying it?

I want to but don't know if I can be bothered to sort out all my apps again. Does it take a long time? Every time I've done it before ive used titanium to restore.

Soldato
Yeah think I may get an iPhone 5S just because I can.

Probably get an iPhone 6 when Amazon get stock. Not waiting for one to ship from China again.

Urgh!...why get an iPhone? I know you like buying phones but I wouldn't cross the line with that! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
FML!

Fumbled the phone to the concrete floor the other day, in the OE LG flip case. Hit the top right corner and cracked the screen (in fact, some of it's fallen out).

Oddly, 99% of the screen still responds :)

Good job it's insured

Also, hating Textra's recent update where texts drop down in the notification bar and can be replied to....bluergh

Soldato
I want to but don't know if I can be bothered to sort out all my apps again. Does it take a long time? Every time I've done it before ive used titanium to restore.

I didn't really have to restore anything bar syncing my Google account. I just re-downloaded the apps I use but of course everyone uses their phone differently so you may use a billion apps in which case restoring from backup is far easier.

Took about 10mins tops to actually flash, 20mins to read how to do it and download the SDK and that. Really easy to do

Soldato
I didn't really have to restore anything bar syncing my Google account. I just re-downloaded the apps I use but of course everyone uses their phone differently so you may use a billion apps in which case restoring from backup is far easier.

Took about 10mins tops to actually flash, 20mins to read how to do it and download the SDK and that. Really easy to do

You flashed via computer rather than using the zip then?

Back
Top Bottom