*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
Did you buy from Play store? Play store has 2 year warranty in the UK, so not sure if that makes a difference.

Why not just replace your battery? Taking the back off is easy.

Yeah I bought it at the play store. They just said I have done everything the recommend.
I've tried 3 batteries and replacing the charging dock but still won't charge properly. I think it's one of the ic's on the main board.

Soldato
Well my N5 seems to have just died on me.

Using it as usual and it suddenly crashes, loads the google logo and crashes again over and over. Then just stops entirely...

Since not been able to turn it on.
Any clues here? o_0

Soldato
Well my N5 seems to have just died on me.

Using it as usual and it suddenly crashes, loads the google logo and crashes again over and over. Then just stops entirely...

Since not been able to turn it on.
Any clues here? o_0

Power button gone bad?
I bought a second hand one for the motherboard. It had a similar fault as you describe. This one would never turn on just a continuous loop. Try giving it a good tap off a table on the power button side. I done that to the one I bought and it now boots fine. I've got a replacement button to solder on in its place.

Caporegime
Looks like I will be keeping my nexus 5 for another year! Tried the 6p and it was just too big and tbh I still can't really fault the nexus 5.

Soldato
Anyone have problems with losing the network on the N5? Whilst I generally love the phone I'm getting a bit tired of constantly having to re-register to the network to get a signal. I've been with several providers now and it's the same. My wife has just bought the Moto G and her signal strength etc is great.

Soldato
Nope, been solid as a rock since I had mine. Can't say I've ever had to register with a network manually.

Only time I ever had issues is when lightning or a power failure has wiped out a mast, but obviously that's rare and rather out of the scope of the phone's power. :p

Mobster
Soldato
Anyone have problems with losing the network on the N5? Whilst I generally love the phone I'm getting a bit tired of constantly having to re-register to the network to get a signal. I've been with several providers now and it's the same. My wife has just bought the Moto G and her signal strength etc is great.

Yeah had this issue too. It's what finally made me sell my Nexus 5 as it was just too unreliable.

I suspect it's a combination of poor cellular drivers and a poor antenna.

Associate
Looks like I will be keeping my nexus 5 for another year! Tried the 6p and it was just too big and tbh I still can't really fault the nexus 5.

Not even the mediocre camera and battery life? I have had my N5 for a few years and had it replaced by Google twice but can fault it except for these two annoyances.

Looking at the LG G4 even though have a newly replaced under warranty N5 sat in-front of me.

Caporegime
Not even the mediocre camera and battery life? I have had my N5 for a few years and had it replaced by Google twice but can fault it except for these two annoyances.

Looking at the LG G4 even though have a newly replaced under warranty N5 sat in-front of me.

I actually find the nexus 5 camera to be pretty good overall, you just need to use HDR+ all the time:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26461302&postcount=6693

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26260815&postcount=6021

Of course, it isn't anywhere as good as the 6P but it does the job well enough.

Battery life isn't as good for me as what it was when I first got my device but it gets through a whole day with up to 3 hours on screen time. The nexus 6P would have got me through the day with about 4-5 hours on screen time.

My biggest complaint with the n5 is the speaker, so meh especially compared to front facing stereo speakers :(

Back
Top Bottom