*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Associate
My first impressions are very good so far. Haven't had any lag or issues with apps. Love the new design patterns and finishing touches.

i'm sure they're aware too. i'm just under the impression the staggered release is to deal with bugs as they appear and stop updating users phones is enough get discovered. if there is enough bugs to require a bbc news article about them, could this be enough attention for google to delay/reduce the update coming out

Soldato
Fairly sure the answer is no said:
i'm sure they're aware too. i'm just under the impression the staggered release is to deal with bugs as they appear and stop updating users phones is enough get discovered. if there is enough bugs to require a bbc news article about them, could this be enough attention for google to delay/reduce the update coming out
The staggered release is so it don't over load there servers like apples when they do an update.
BBC etc like to jump on stuff like this and big it up

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Soldato
All installed last night and made a few tweaks such as keyboard etc. Seems quite good so far. Pleased with it. It looks very good!! Not had any installation issues or bugs.

Soldato
The charging port on my nexus 5 isn't working properly. Anyone know anything about replacing this part?

You could just get a wireless charger if you only ever use the port for charging, but it is obviously more expensive than replacing the port yourself.

I've repaired a few Galaxys and iPhones and it's really quite easy, but it's not for everyone.

Associate
i just replaced my bezel and screen, it is easy to replace the usb port. however i would say you are in warranty for that

where did you purchase from?

I purchased it from google when it came out, but I have rooted it so don't know if that voids any warranty. I looked at using a Qi charger or similar, but this would only be a half-fix as I like to connect it to PC to transfer media. Just in that limbo as to whether it's worth getting fixed or if i should get rid, which is annoying as it's all set up to my liking.

Soldato
I wish I hadn't installed the OTA. I haven't been able to get a mobile signal ever since, and battery life is shocking (15% in 3 hours with 20mins of screentime). Luckily I've got Three InTouch so I can at least use the phone when connected to WiFi...

Apart from that it's great! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I wish I hadn't installed the OTA. I haven't been able to get a mobile signal ever since, and battery life is shocking (15% in 3 hours with 20mins of screentime). Luckily I've got Three InTouch so I can at least use the phone when connected to WiFi...

Apart from that it's great! :D

:p

I might take time for the battery to rejig it's self. although i tend to agree that Kit Kat seemed better for battery.

Associate
Does anyone use Waze on a Nexus 5 with lollipop? I've found that the voice navigation (set to come through the phone speaker always) has become much lower quality. It sounds like lower sample rate somehow. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has the same issue.

Back
Top Bottom