NFL 2017 Season

Soldato
So the Pat's doing what the Pats do, awful 1st half then slowly destroy their opponents in the 2nd, although the Jags defensive penalties were silly and didn't help. However having watched the Eagles game, even though you can never fully dismiss the Pats, those Eagles look excellent right now and may have peaked at the right time but I hope the big occasion doesn't get to them as it'd be good to see them win with Foles at the helm - From back-up QB to SuperBowl winner, what a story that'd be! :D

PS I'm now massively kicking myself as I didn't know the NFL puts game highlights up on Youtube, the amount of games I've missed is just............RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Soldato
It's going to be a great Superbowl. I know people dislike the Pats and wanted to see them get beaten but personally I think we've got the two best teams in the showpiece event, two of the best offences in the league and two excellent run-stopping defences, so it could make for a bit of a shootout. I think it'll be a way more exciting SB than if it was the Jags vs Vikings.

Associate
Pray to god that Eagles win - Can't stand Brady/Pats.....:p:p
Same. As a Philly fan this season has been fantastic. Its been difficult the last few years, just waiting for things to go wrong during the games and watch the wheels fall off, but this year is different, it feels like a team and just keeps rolling forward.

Im confident that they have this, so flying out to Philly so that once it hits 0:00 at the end of the 4th, its party time :D

Soldato
A lot of it will stem from the cheating...

Was that the whole deflating ball stuff? If they're doing it you can guarantee a good majority of the other organisations are too, they were just unlucky enough to get caught.

I think a lot of it is like when Vettel just kept winning... people generally want to see things mixed up a little, not the same powerhouses year in year out.

I agree (especially as a Bengals fan! :D) but you can't help but tip your hat to them for how damn good they've been. Also, you'd be loving it if it was your team!

Soldato
OP
Spygate (2006) New York Jets

Spygate (2010) Denver Broncos

Deflategate (2002) Baltimore Ravens

Deflategate (2006) Houston Texans

Deflategate (1994-99) Cincinnati Bengals

Deflategate (2005) Chicago Bears
Deflategate (2003) Arizona Cardinals

Gaugegate (2016) New York Giants

Deflategate (2004) Philadelphia Eagles

Inflategate (2008-14) Green Bay Packers

Deflategate (2000-01) New Orleans Saints

Soldato
So the Redskins have agreed to send a 3rd Round pick in 2018 and Kendal Fuller to the Chiefs for Alex Smith.

Clearly there were issues between management and Cousins, so I guess it's a good move. Losing Fuller is a shame though, top rated slot coverage in the league apparently.

Bottom line, it's an upgrade, although I think Smith is 4 years older.

Back
Top Bottom