NFL 2017 Season

Soldato
Steelers called the game like I call when I'm playing Madden. Also, the unnecessary onside kick was one of the worst I've ever seen, which was a shame as it could have been a very close finish if they'd just have kicked deep.

Associate
Sure the offense could have been better, but they still put up 42 points.

The biggest problem was the Steelers had one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen in my life and that includes watching the Browns.

45 points to that Jags offense is shocking. 5th and 6th string Jags receivers (that I've never heard of) making easy catches under no pressure. There was absolutely no pressure on Bortles either for the entire game.

Haley gets a pass this week, fire Keith Butler instead!

Soldato

The biggest problem was the Steelers had one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen in my life and that includes watching the Browns.

45 points to that Jags offense is shocking. 5th and 6th string Jags receivers (that I've never heard of) making easy catches under no pressure. There was absolutely no pressure on Bortles either for the entire game.

Haley gets a pass this week, fire Keith Butler instead!

You can't blame the defence for the strip sack which led to a TD and the interception which also led to a Jags TD. Also those two dumb play calls by Haley on 4th and less than a yard killed all the momentum that we were building. The offense played very well for the most part with some incredible catches. In a way I am kind of relieved that we don't have to face New England again as I am tired of that record too.

Man of Honour
I won't post a spoiler just yet, but if you went to bed before the end of the Vikings Saints, watch it before it can be spoilt! Amazing game.
Watched the first half and went to bed in a hump because of the first half shut out. Woke up this morning and couldn’t believe the score. Cant wait to watch the second half tonight.

Caporegime
Yeah, outrageous last 3 minutes. Saints have a thing of leads changing more than once per minute at the end of divisional games :D

Soldato
What a fantastic weekend of games and I'm sure we'll get two equally good Conference games. As a Pats fan I'm excited but also concerned about the Jags. On paper we should probably win, we've faced equally scary defences in the past (Seahawks in Super Bowl 49 for example) and shown that we can get the better of them, and this much hyped Jags defence did give up 42 points against the Steelers, but it doesn't always work out that way. The key for the Pats will be stopping Fournette and not turning the ball over against that Jags defence.

I have no idea what's going to happen in the Eagles vs Vikings game. Again, on paper the Vikings should win, they've got the number one ranked defence and the offence looked pretty good against the Saints. Having said that, the Saints managed to get a lot of pressure on Keenum in the second half and the Eagles have a really good pass rush, so it could be a long night for the Vikings if they can't protect Keenum. Early prediction for me is a Pats vs Eagles superbowl.

Soldato
I would go Pats/Eagles for the Superbowl though I do hope the Vikings make it. Keenum is a little too raw for me and if you pressure him he tossed up some crazy passes that I can see the Eagles eating up. Be a great game though.

Soldato
As a Giants fan since the mid 80's this has been one of the worse I can remember - from 11-5 in 2016 inc a playoff place to 3-13 in one season - which also makes 2017 the worst season in their history!

I thought 2002-2003 was bad (10-6 to 4-12) but at least we could blame that on having to use so many rookie Defensive Linemen but this season, just wow, from potential Superbowl team to worst team in the NFC and very nearly the whole NFL, if it wasn't for Clevelands shut-out season, Ouch!

Anyway, play-off talk -

AFC - I think Jags won't be able to push past Bradys Patriots as they depend on Bortles luck too much while the Patriots yet again are just a machine right now.
NFC - The Eagles defence is good but they're having to use a back-up QB which limits the offence and the Vikings only just beat NO by the skin of their teeth and look frail defensively. For the "fairy-tale" it'd have to be the Eagles but if the Viking can just shut-out the back-up QB it should be a Vikings win.

Superbowl - My guess would be another Patriot win, as I just don't see any of the NFC teams matching them right now.

Associate

I get what you're saying but the biggest problem, by far, were the 2 turnovers and 14 points that the Steelers gave up.

Teams with one turnover lose ~ 80% of the time. Turnovers are crippling and even more so in the playoffs.

Soldato
I get what you're saying but the biggest problem, by far, were the 2 turnovers and 14 points that the Steelers gave up.

Teams with one turnover lose ~ 80% of the time. Turnovers are crippling and even more so in the playoffs.

The decisions by the coaching staff were baffling as well. I have just read on NFL network that Ben is 18 for 19 on Quarterback sneaks and yet Mike Tomlin/Todd Haley decide against it not once but twice. Then you have the crazy decision to try an onside kick with over two minutes left and a couple of timeouts in hand. The Steelers just looked unprepared as usual. Obviously a 3 week break isn't enough time to make a good gameplan.

As for the Conference game it would be nice for the Jags to beat the Pats. Gets boring seeing them in the Superbowl every year.

Back
Top Bottom