NFL 2017 Season

Soldato
I have to say, some of the NFL rule book is very messy, it really needs to be simplified a bit. I don't think the NFL will ever gain the global appeal it wants until it makes an effort to simplify the rules and shorten the games a bit.

Soldato
Bit rude, I was only making a suggestion based on what a lot of Europeans think about the sport. Look, the NFL want to expand the sport to make it global, but there's literally no chance of that happening in its current state. The beauty of football/soccer is that it's such a simple sport, it requires so little equipment to play it, you can guarantee that you won't get adverts during each half, and each game doesn't take three hours to complete. It's a joke that a sixty minute NFL game takes three hours.

Soldato
Bit rude, I was only making a suggestion based on what a lot of Europeans think about the sport. Look, the NFL want to expand the sport to make it global, but there's literally no chance of that happening in its current state. The beauty of football/soccer is that it's such a simple sport, it requires so little equipment to play it, you can guarantee that you won't get adverts during each half, and each game doesn't take three hours to complete. It's a joke that a sixty minute NFL game takes three hours.

How about changing an entire game to suit the stupid or lazy, I would say that is rude!

Associate

I guess you're not a fan of MLB, NBA or NHL games either then.

The beauty of soccer/football has nothing to do with the equipment or how long it takes to complete a game. Same applies to the NFL imo.

Soldato
There are some fantastic games in the Division round. For me the biggest lock-in win is the Pats, I simply don't see how the Titans can beat them. Plus the Pats will probably use that ESPN article to fuel the idea that everyone is against them, it will probably have the opposite of the desired effect and actually improve them as a team.

All of the other games are really hard to call, though I personally see the Falcons upsetting the Eagles. I'd go:

Patriots
Steelers
Vikings
Falcons

Soldato
Bookies favourites yes, but they're still the NFC top seed. It's the first time ever in the NFL that the number one seed has been the betting underdog, so I think it would class as an upset.

I agree about the Vikings, they're probably my least certain pick as well.

Soldato
We'll have to agree to disagree then I guess. The seed is based purely on a win/loss record through the season. The Falcons are the team expected to win, so that's why I say it wouldn't be an upset.

Soldato
So 2018 London Games

Seahawks @ Raiders at Spurs new stadium
Eagles @ Jaguars at Wembley
Titans @ Chargers at Wembley

Seriously they're the best batch of fixtures we've ever had over here I think! Seahawks V Raiders is the game I'd want to go to but reckon that's going to be the really hot ticket this year.

Soldato
Well that was one rollercoaster of a game. Credit to Jacksonville for outplaying us once again. Please Mr Rooney fire Todd Haley.

Going to be a good game next week in Foxborough if the Jags show up like they did today. The Steelers have a lot of questions going into the off season.

Back
Top Bottom