NFL 2021 Season

Stand corrected, got 2 tickets block 250 - cat 5 :).

Was a complete mess trying to log in as my NFL account wasn't recognised so had to create a new one. Thought it was going to reject me and did have a 'you have been timed out message'. But at time of writing Jag @ Bears - still tickets left. GL anyone left. I didn't check the other game.

Glad you got tickets. I got some as well, but only because one of me and my 2 mates managed to get further in to the queue by pure luck. It's the same every year how hard it is because of touts. I'd love them to take a leaf out of Glastonbury's book, and prove you're a human, pre-register, and make it extremely difficult for bots to get near it.

@Karl Ty and well done.

Yea it was a stressful process. And definitely lots of people on X & Reddit who had horror stories. That said something was different from 2019 in that I remember the tickets being gone within an hour where as today the tickets were up for longer.

I do wonder if there are less season ticket holders this year. I have seen a lot of complaints about the rising prices and maybe than has impacted volumes or that demand was higher for 2019 for those teams.

@Karl Ty and well done.

Yea it was a stressful process. And definitely lots of people on X & Reddit who had horror stories. That said something was different from 2019 in that I remember the tickets being gone within an hour where as today the tickets were up for longer.

I do wonder if there are less season ticket holders this year. I have seen a lot of complaints about the rising prices and maybe than has impacted volumes or that demand was higher for 2019 for those teams.
They're shaking the process up each year in different ways, but it's not seemingly stopping tickets being bought in the first 10 minutes of a sale, and then immediately resold. :(

They're shaking the process up each year in different ways, but it's not seemingly stopping tickets being bought in the first 10 minutes of a sale, and then immediately resold. :(

Yep true.

I've also come to the conclusion that both of two teams matter. If you have two popular or trendy teams playing it can also scupper your chances. No disrespect but I think some people are tired of watching the Jags. The Vikes/Jets game sold out quicker this time and was the more in demand game.

As you say it's a shame that they haven't managed to stop reselling/touts.

Yep true.

I've also come to the conclusion that both of two teams matter. If you have two popular or trendy teams playing it can also scupper your chances. No disrespect but I think some people are tired of watching the Jags. The Vikes/Jets game sold out quicker this time and was the more in demand game.

As you say it's a shame that they haven't managed to stop reselling/touts.
Yep, and I'd argue if the bears weren't touting the first pick of the draft, there might've been fewer tickets sold, but I guess it's conjecture really. I thought that putting games on in Germany would quell interest, but it just seems to be getting MORE popular!

Yep, and I'd argue if the bears weren't touting the first pick of the draft, there might've been fewer tickets sold, but I guess it's conjecture really. I thought that putting games on in Germany would quell interest, but it just seems to be getting MORE popular!

Tbh I'd argue the other way that Bears are one of the more popular UK supported teams. Don't have the success of the Packers, Patriots, Giants and Niners but a lot of the old boomers like me who came into the game with the 1980s explosion picked them. Also Chicago does attract fans too when they look for what team to support. But yes recent lack of success does mean they are not the most favoured.

Re: Germany I'm surprised it took that long for an NFL game to get over there. The German fans were fanatical in the old NFL Europe days and put us to shame. I wonder if they really were testing the water for a team here but in the short-term that strategy has changed and they want to increase coverage in more countries. Or at least do that before ever thinking about expansion into Europe.

Rich Eissen did you a phrase the other day when talking about QB contracts and how money is 'pouring from all orifices'. I think their international games are probably a reflection of that.

Yeah, it's very big over there. In my younger days I had friends/team mates that went over there and played Semi Pro in front of crowds of thousands. Hardly anyone goes to watch our domestic games.

My brother became a Leicester Panthers fan and we ended up following them for a number of games in the early 90's. Also went and watched the Norwich Devils play a number of times (see they are still going). Him and a friend also had a tryout with them and his friend played a few games.

That's has brought back quite a few memories. He also used to follow the London Monarchs in the old World League and I do remember every year their host/home stadium would get smaller and smaller until they were no more.

Last edited:
My brother became a Leicester Panthers fan and we ended up following them for a number of games in the early 90's.
Me and my family went to most of these games too. My parents were the official video team for the Panthers (and the league asked them to film a few of the finals too)

I played a few games with the Panthers, but mainly I played for their Youth team as by the time I moved to senior football, I was living in London so played with the Mets and Cheetahs. I'm fairly sure I played against the Norwich Devils at some point.

That's the funny thing though. In the late 80's and early 90's you would maybe have a couple of thousand people at Saffron Lane to watch the Panthers. These days, it's mainly friends and family, maybe 100 people at a game...

Back
Top Bottom