NFL 2021 Season

I'm not sure you'll get an easier second half this season!!

Hopefully Brady hates presenting and wants to get his hands dirty again....

Stole that a bit. Clear we have a defence and can win with defensive and special teams. The age old Chicago way.

Caleb, Waldron and the Offence have a lot to work on. Good luck for the remainder of the year. Not confident going into the Texans match-up next week.

I'll take that win for the Bears. The Defence in the second half really upped their game, but it's going to be a tough season ahead and the O-line need to really put up a wall to allow Williams to flourish.
I did think Caleb was a little harried and hurried today, but also threw some passes that were not up to the standard.

The Commanders was an interesting watch. Daniels looks like he has potential, but I was rather disappointed with how little they let him air it out. I think I read it was only one pass longer than 10 yards through the air. It's always hard to tell in week 1, are the Buccs actually really good and so we did 'okay' or are they 'okay' and we did terrible.

Not a great start to the fantasy week. Decent win for Buffalo, but Allen didn’t score much and De’Von was listed as questionable when I went to bed so panicked and switched him out… that was an error as he carried 22 times. Nice to be back in the season though! Still not sure the Jets are going to do anything.

That is our season down the pan. I have no idea what we would do without him but Tua needs to retire, before he suffers permanent long term damage. That was horrible to watch :(
Yeh, three concussions in a couple years can't be good, surely he can't carry on. It has done us a massive favour for the division again this year though!

That is our season down the pan. I have no idea what we would do without him but Tua needs to retire, before he suffers permanent long term damage. That was horrible to watch :(
I only saw the highlights so didn't really see what happened, maybe head on into someone. Tbh, I was a little surprised he came back after the last concussion.
Not a great start to the fantasy week.
I have Cook in my lineup, so I'm rather chuffed :cool:

I only saw the highlights so didn't really see what happened, maybe head on into someone. Tbh, I was a little surprised he came back after the last concussion.

Ditto. I did notice that the NFL highlights basically cut this out, just having the play over as soon as he makes contact with Hamlin. However I did see a doctor on Youtube go into more detail including an explanation for the rigid posture after he gets hit. It is not nice to see and you can't help but wonder where his health should come first and he has to make that decision. Which I appreciate is not easy at all.

After my mightily impressive 0-3 fantasy start (play in 3 leagues), I might get to 3-0 this week. All tied to what Devonta Smith does tonight.

Some surprising results again, a few teams that no one expected to be 2-0, 0-2 or having lost last night.

Bears was such a frustrating and not very game to watch. Offence is so discombobulated. Williams looked bad, Oline was shocking and some of the play calling didn't look great either (i.e. the emphasis on Swift always rushing). That said the it's hard not to be sick of how our players get treated from officials. The late sideline hit on Caleb, or the haymaker punch at Roshan. Most other teams and games and that gets flagged. Defence though is very good. Kept the game close and was a highlight all night.

That said Texans are obviously legit and amazing how quickly they have turned it around following their 2nd pick in the draft and trading Watson. The way their defence can mob a player for no YAC is brutal. Early days but hard not to think they won't be facing down the Chiefs at some point. They have to tidy up all the penalties though.

The late sideline hit on Caleb
I'd have to see it again, but tbh I thought it was okay. I only saw it the once, but I seem to remember he was moving forwards and in bounds. (As opposed to a hit on Daniels where he was in bounds, but was clearly heading out)

Whilst the false starts were annoying, I felt a LOT better about the Commanders game. Granted, it might have been because it was against the Giants, but Danials looked a lot better. He was slinging some balls a bit deeper down the field and there was only one pass that made me go 'wth was that' and even that one wasn't all that bad (bounced at the guys feet). It's interesting, Daniel's had been running too much again and then got hit hard and all of a sudden he was trying to stay in the pocket and throw the ball more and it looked like he was really building confidence. Throw in that we finally had a 100 yard rusher again and it looked promising.

I'd have to see it again, but tbh I thought it was okay. I only saw it the once, but I seem to remember he was moving forwards and in bounds. (As opposed to a hit on Daniels where he was in bounds, but was clearly heading out)

Whilst the false starts were annoying, I felt a LOT better about the Commanders game. Granted, it might have been because it was against the Giants, but Danials looked a lot better. He was slinging some balls a bit deeper down the field and there was only one pass that made me go 'wth was that' and even that one wasn't all that bad (bounced at the guys feet). It's interesting, Daniel's had been running too much again and then got hit hard and all of a sudden he was trying to stay in the pocket and throw the ball more and it looked like he was really building confidence. Throw in that we finally had a 100 yard rusher again and it looked promising.

There's two late hits that ended over the sidelines. The first at 3-14 c. 10.09/3rd which isn't in the highlights. Caleb gets hits late to be pushed over. The second one which is more a borderline call and had the Bears react to before Azeez Al-Shaair punched Roschon (not sure what he did wrong but got ignored)

There was also an unnecessary roughness call later on that looked like it was going to be called and didn't either. And there was also the punch from the Texans LB at Stevenson but that did get flagged for a penalty, but he avoided getting ejected from. There were two roughing the passer calls if I remember correctly. They were very, very lucky not to have players ejected or more penalties last night. Despite our appalling 9 false start penalties the Texans still nearly doubled our penalty yards with 115 yds. Although I think they are legit they are going to need to clean that up. You even breathe on Mahones and you are getting flagged.

I only watched the first live game on Sky and the Bears game, so unfortunately didn't catch the rest. They did say in the Bears/Texans commentary that none of the Rookies have thrown a TD yet. Need to watch the Commanders highlights. Hopefully all the Rookies QBs make progress.

Last edited:
Interestingly Rich Eisen picks up on Roshan Johnson getting punched for his new rule suggestion. I don't if he's right or not, but again it's hard to see things happen in a game that go unnoticed and not get picked up during the game when any penalties/ejections actually make a difference. I suppose the danger is more flags everywhere and even more interrupted games.

Harsh ban with retrospective action introduced, 5 game ban that would curb it!

Retrospective action should be a fail-safe, catch-all used in tandem imho. I kinda feel like throw a punch at another player it's an automatic 1st down from the opposition's 10 yd line or something. That would certainly improve behaviour.

Well... as a Commanders fan, that was a bit of a surprise. I'd recorded the whole game and watched up to 14-7 (or something like that) then the recording skipped to us up 38-33 and I was rather confused, thinking it was perhaps showing something from history. When I worked out it was an error with the recording I watched the highlights on YouTube instead, so it's a shame I didn't get to enjoy it in it's entirety, but wow, who would have thought? As I posted above, Daniels looks to be gaining confidence and last night was clearly the next step. Highest competition percentage of a rookie EVER (at least 20 att) and "Jayden Daniels’ 27-yard touchdown pass to Terry McLaurin had a completion probability of 10.3%, the most improbable touchdown of the season, and the most improbable completion by the Commanders in the NGS era (since 2016)."

I really don't want to get my hopes too high as I've been here many times before (Most recently with RG3, but tbh Daniels looks better than him already) but it's an interesting start to our season.

@AndyCr15 OK stop rubbing it in now... :p

It's a good start, nice stat.

From Bears POV this felt like the weekend where the fan base got tangoed. Reality may have started kicking in. What should be the softer part of the schedule now has some important games. Going to big difference between being 1-5 or 3-3 going into the bye. Some of the media noise, toxic meltdowns, inevitable comparisons with other rookies or NFC North teams has got tiresome very quickly. I'll be honest I've turned off a lot of NFL coverage this week. The start to the season has not gone well.

My fantasy teams aren't doing that great either which doesn't help!

Back
Top Bottom