NHS=Negligent Health Service

Caporegime
Read the article, it explains why, because when it was first introduced in 2012 it looks like it was only available for 12-13 y/o's at the time, the cut off date for the up to 25 y/o eligibility was therefore based on their birthdates.

So unfortunately your sister missed the cut as did every other female over 13 at the time. Looks like the same will have happened to boys when they were introduced into the scheme in 2018.

Once lines are drawn people will always fall the wrong side of it that's life and as stated, they will most probably been exposed to HPV by then anyway so the vaccine is less effective.

Yes, I'm aware there are, why should those lines be different based upon gender or sexuality is the point?
Now curiously if a woman decides to identify as a gay man are they then eligible?

Caporegime
That was explained in the first reply

Read the damn article! :D

That's doesn't explain it though. It would explain it if a line were introduced now but it wasn't. Its been a historically moving line. So again, why can gay men get it to an age where women can't? These are the same women who couldn't get it 10 years ago either. They can still get exposure to the virus.

As for the second bit so yes...if a woman decides to identify as a man she's gets it. Which is patently ridiculous. Just give it to women!

Soldato
Had a fall at home on 5th which snapped the tib & fib in my left leg, proper bendy Harry Potter bones style, along with this I jarred my back and aggrevated a fracture in my T6 possibly from a motorcycle crash the month before.

Ambulance took 1:30 to arrive as a priority call, they then needed a second crew so that took a further 45 minutes; but I was already getting much needed aid from the first crew before this point. Extraction took a further 1:30 or thereabouts and needed Fire and Rescue (3 story House).

Seems I was lucky when I came to A&E as pulling up, the Paramedics commented "is the hospital closed" as there was no one waiting to go in - I understand that the wait to even get put of the Ambulance the day before was up to 6 hours! I was straight into trauma, zonked out a bit, so they could set the bones in my leg and plaster it. An x-ray and CT followed, then I was off to the Trauma ward.

The next day was a succession of meeting Doctors and hearing plans, because of oddities in my back scan, they ordered an MRI - this one one of the single most painful things in my life; my meds had worn off and I was laying for 15 minutes on a rock solid board in the machine - I came so close to cancelling this as I was nearly unbearable on my fractured back. Thankfully shortly after this, I was whisked off to theatre and put to sleep!

The last week has been about being as polite and gracious as I can, whilst working through my pain and discomfort - and at every level the staff have been beyond brilliant... however... they are clearly running at nearly 100% and still have more work than they can handle.

Call bells go unawswered for 40+ minutes, medication that I need every 2 hours is often late, usually by 4 hours now, so it's like skipping a dose; the knock-on to that is that it hampers the healing process.

I'm now being put under the microscope so to speak, as they clearly need my bed - but I don't yet feel ready, I need maybe a day or two, but they must have a waiting list as long as M25 rush hour to fill.

The service feels like it is being run into the ground, but the staff are so brilliant, they are trying their best - I just feel so sorry for them.

Update: hoping to be heading home Saturday, and honestly I cannot wait - not because generally I think we'd all rather be at home, but because of the last 2-3 days here.

The "pain management" just appears to be 'wait until the patient falls asleep' - myself and a couple of others on the ward should be on liquid morphene every 2 hours (and you have to ask for that) - you ask, buzz your bell, whatever and it either never comes in these slots, or you're left waiting 4 hours between doses; by which time it has long worn off.

I asked and reminded a nurse 3 times yesterday that I needed help with pain management, she'd pass that on, then an hour later after I collared her again, she'd chase it up - I tried once more and they just waited until the scheduled drugs round.

I've just had to get used to the pain and discomfort now, so hopefully when I'm home, I can contact my GP to help with the management of pain better.

I really really am sympathetic to plight of the staff,and how over worked they clearly are - but I just want to get out of here now, as this place feels like it's holding back my healing!

Last edited:
Soldato
Nurses will be striking soon
Hospital doctors will be striking in Jan-Feb
GP partners are leaving in droves

NHS is failing rapidly.

Soldato
Had a fall at home on 5th which snapped the tib & fib in my left leg, proper bendy Harry Potter bones style, along with this I jarred my back and aggrevated a fracture in my T6 possibly from a motorcycle crash the month before.

Ambulance took 1:30 to arrive as a priority call, they then needed a second crew so that took a further 45 minutes; but I was already getting much needed aid from the first crew before this point. Extraction took a further 1:30 or thereabouts and needed Fire and Rescue (3 story House).

Seems I was lucky when I came to A&E as pulling up, the Paramedics commented "is the hospital closed" as there was no one waiting to go in - I understand that the wait to even get put of the Ambulance the day before was up to 6 hours! I was straight into trauma, zonked out a bit, so they could set the bones in my leg and plaster it. An x-ray and CT followed, then I was off to the Trauma ward.

The next day was a succession of meeting Doctors and hearing plans, because of oddities in my back scan, they ordered an MRI - this one one of the single most painful things in my life; my meds had worn off and I was laying for 15 minutes on a rock solid board in the machine - I came so close to cancelling this as I was nearly unbearable on my fractured back. Thankfully shortly after this, I was whisked off to theatre and put to sleep!

The last week has been about being as polite and gracious as I can, whilst working through my pain and discomfort - and at every level the staff have been beyond brilliant... however... they are clearly running at nearly 100% and still have more work than they can handle.

Call bells go unawswered for 40+ minutes, medication that I need every 2 hours is often late, usually by 4 hours now, so it's like skipping a dose; the knock-on to that is that it hampers the healing process.

I'm now being put under the microscope so to speak, as they clearly need my bed - but I don't yet feel ready, I need maybe a day or two, but they must have a waiting list as long as M25 rush hour to fill.

The service feels like it is being run into the ground, but the staff are so brilliant, they are trying their best - I just feel so sorry for them.

Update: hoping to be heading home Saturday, and honestly I cannot wait - not because generally I think we'd all rather be at home, but because of the last 2-3 days here.

The "pain management" just appears to be 'wait until the patient falls asleep' - myself and a couple of others on the ward should be on liquid morphene every 2 hours (and you have to ask for that) - you ask, buzz your bell, whatever and it either never comes in these slots, or you're left waiting 4 hours between doses; by which time it has long worn off.

I asked and reminded a nurse 3 times yesterday that I needed help with pain management, she'd pass that on, then an hour later after I collared her again, she'd chase it up - I tried once more and they just waited until the scheduled drugs round.

I've just had to get used to the pain and discomfort now, so hopefully when I'm home, I can contact my GP to help with the management of pain better.

I really really am sympathetic to plight of the staff,and how over worked they clearly are - but I just want to get out of here now, as this place feels like it's holding back my healing!
As a senior nurse said to me a few weeks ago, the governmet wont do anything until they actually fail and people start dying. Right now they are running on fumes, staff just about managing to keep things falling off at the edges but by no means is it manageable in any realistic way long term.

Until that changes the government wont do a thing and it sucks that its going to take many tragedies before anything is done to improve the current situation.

My aunt had similar issues when they found a tumour in her stomach a few months ago but it was far worse in terms of medication not being given at all etc.

Im glad you got the care you needed, the staff are doing there best given the circumstances. Hope you heal well mate.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I just had the worst experience of my life at an NHS hospital, I developed an infection and ended up psychotic and delirious, I made up confabulated events to the staff that could not have possibly occurred, they then breached confidentiality and reported them to the police, despite there being no risk of harm to anyone and it was not in the public interest to disclose, they then allowed the police to question me when I did not have mental capacity which led to me being arrested when I was discharged. I was discharged still in a psychotic state and was begging the doctor to call security because I was hearing voices outside my room which said they were going to kill me.

I then spent the night at the police station practically on another planet hallucinating and suffering from delusions. When I got home I thought someone was trying to kill me and had knives out everywhere and nearly stabbed someone who came to visit me. That guy earlier saying poor care was not a problem doesn't know what he was talking about.

I now have had to raise a safeguarding against the hospital and have started legal action against them, I have never been so disgusted with medical care in my life, I left hospital in a worse mental state than I went in, they gave no treatment whatsoever for the psychotic symptoms and my mental health has been severely damaged.

Soldato
Been on the gynaecology books for 6 years. Due to Covid, my last appt was Oct ‘19. Had appts given then cancelled, 5 times since then. Not heard a bean from them in 4 months. Rang them up to discover I was discharged and need to contact my GPs.

Filled in contact us form on GP practice’s website. Was told to do a face2face appt! I waited today as need some medication which can’t do a repeat prescription online. No point wasting an appt to ask to be referred again.

Soldato
My grandmother, 95 in Dec, has serious arthritis, macular, incontinence plus dementia. Her dementia isn’t fully diagnosed but ticks loads of boxes based on friends’ and other people’s experience of dementia in their (grand)parents.

She can’t cope living alone as falls over most days.

The last time she ended up in hospital, she was sent home without a care package and medication.

The care home situation where she lives is worse than average so doctors are saying she’s fit for living at home! She is not! My dad asked them could she be transferred to a care home in the neighbouring county (2 miles where she lives) or the next town (4 miles away). No as that takes time due to red tape.

Caporegime
Been on the gynaecology books for 6 years. Due to Covid, my last appt was Oct ‘19. Had appts given then cancelled, 5 times since then. Not heard a bean from them in 4 months. Rang them up to discover I was discharged and need to contact my GPs.

Filled in contact us form on GP practice’s website. Was told to do a face2face appt! I waited today as need some medication which can’t do a repeat prescription online. No point wasting an appt to ask to be referred again.

I rang my my doctor today because I was waking up covered in sweat every night, initially I put it down to having suffered that traumatic event at the hospital, however the doctor informed me that my thyroid function test done in APRIL was abnormal and should have been followed up, just shocking.

Permabanned
My grandmother, 95 in Dec, has serious arthritis, macular, incontinence plus dementia. Her dementia isn’t fully diagnosed but ticks loads of boxes based on friends’ and other people’s experience of dementia in their (grand)parents.

She can’t cope living alone as falls over most days.

The last time she ended up in hospital, she was sent home without a care package and medication.

The care home situation where she lives is worse than average so doctors are saying she’s fit for living at home! She is not! My dad asked them could she be transferred to a care home in the neighbouring county (2 miles where she lives) or the next town (4 miles away). No as that takes time due to red tape.
can you look after her at home.

fez

fez

Caporegime

Don't worry guys. The NHS won't be here that much longer in its current form. Its in a mess right now. My partner is very senior in the NHS and they have huge vacancies all over the place, can't even get locums, nurses want a large pay rise and there are god knows how many of them. Everyone else wants a pay rise.

Give it a decade and without a complete overhaul and proper investment and management it will be gone.

Caporegime
My recent experience of trying to get hold of a doctor

Monday - called at 9am, 8 in the queue, got to position 1 then it just rang out
Monday - called at 3pm, 5 in the queue, got to position 1 then it just rang out
Tuesday - called at 2:30, 3 in the queue, got to position 2 then it just rang out
Wednesday - called at 10:30, 3 in the queue, got to position 1 then it just rang out
Wednesday - called at 3pm, 2 in the queue, got to position 1 then it just rang out
Thursday - called at 9:30, 8 in the queue, got to position 3 then it just rang out

Id say its unbelievable, but its not really. This is all in response to a text message I got off them last week telling me to call them!!!! Left a review on the NHS site, funny thing is this practice is labelled as accepting new patients!

I listen to LBC quite a bit, and one of the adverts goes on about the NHS wanting to hear from people who feel off. Yeah right, good luck getting hold of your GP.

Man of Honour
My recent experience of trying to get hold of a doctor

Monday - called at 9am, 8 in the queue, got to position 1 then it just rang out
Monday - called at 3pm, 5 in the queue, got to position 1 then it just rang out
Tuesday - called at 2:30, 3 in the queue, got to position 2 then it just rang out
Wednesday - called at 10:30, 3 in the queue, got to position 1 then it just rang out
Wednesday - called at 3pm, 2 in the queue, got to position 1 then it just rang out
Thursday - called at 9:30, 8 in the queue, got to position 3 then it just rang out

Id say its unbelievable, but its not really. This is all in response to a text message I got off them last week telling me to call them!!!! Left a review on the NHS site, funny thing is this practice is labelled as accepting new patients!

I listen to LBC quite a bit, and one of the adverts goes on about the NHS wanting to hear from people who feel off. Yeah right, good luck getting hold of your GP.

Just remember that the GP Practise is probably nothing to do with the NHS.

Back
Top Bottom