NHS=Negligent Health Service

yea true but GP could take a quick check before he refers you anyway..

I
Which would require almost as much time from the medical professional as doing the test themself, and it can vary quite quickly so unless you're going to have a 5 minute appointment with the doctor or nurse to check you're ready for dracubot every time you need a test it's going to be very hit an miss for a lot of people as to if the robot can do the test (and by the time you've allowed a 5 minute slot, you might as well do it in person as it only takes another couple of minutes).
My local GP's surgery on a "bloods" morning has a waiting room just for people waiting for their turn to meet the Daughters of Dracula, and the average time someone was in was something like 4-6 minutes last time I took my dad, as their nurses are very good at doing it efficiently and the rooms are set up specifically for bloods with everything ready so all they have to do is book you in, check you're the right Mr Smith and print off the label before sticking you (it felt like the longest part of the process was the ID check and getting the bottles ready).

You're also missing that the human is there because people can react to having a blood test, even if someone has had a hundred in the past that were fine, they can feel woozy/faint after a routine one*, which requires a human to be there to check how they're doing, keep an eye on them, and if needed keep them in the chair until they're safe to stand on their own again.

*I've had god only knows how many tests over the years, but twice for no apparent reason (not even fasting bloods) I've basically conked out before the first vial was fully drawn.

Last edited:
yea true but GP could take a quick check before he refers you anyway..

I'd happily let a robot take some vials from me.

Doesn't need a tourniquet to even make mine visible, I'd imagine thats a large majority of the population.

It's really not that simple for many, many people, especially the elderly or the sick. My partner has to have regular blood tests and sometimes she comes out looking like the nurse went stab happy, it's very rarely a simple job and either needs a very experienced blood nurse, or ultrasound, and that isn't always successful either. Small blood vessels and poor circulation make things difficult. I can't ever see the sort of machine that would be required to scan and manipulate the skin / tissue the way a person can as being affordable. At least not yet.

And I would imagine that people who need the blood tests are more likely to have issues than a healthy member of the population.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think women are more likely to have issues with giving blood samples in general, I think I had that discussion with one of the nurses when donating platelets, it's very often their veins that prevent them from donating plasma / platelets even though they have higher platelet counts than men.

Last edited:
After losing my dad recently I have both positive and negative feelings with regards to the treatment he received over a two weekish period...

Sorry for your loss dude! I've had recent experience with Palliative care with a relative of mine and agree that the majority of people in the NHS are doing a good job with what they've got but there's definitely issues with how they spend the money and it's an odd process with our current laws around end of life care.

On the subject of diagnosing people and AI.
My expertise lies in Health Records AT MY TRUST.
eg I've just disclosed 8,500 pages of records to a Solicitor and not one of those pages would be able to be searched for AI to be able to study them.
You could try and OCR pages but it would be like trying to work out what an octopus has scrawled on a page.
I have access to around 25 different software programmes which is way more than the Health Records Manager and none of them are searchable.
We have at least another 150+ records software that we can request if needed so the chances of being able to put our 3 million patients on a system where all their records are searchable by AI is none.

I have literally no idea what the NHS is doing with me anymore.

2 blood tests in a week.
Urine sample
Stool sample.

Booked in for Ultrasound scan tomorrow
Booked in for an Endoscopy on the 19th with an ENT department.

NHS just phoned me and offered me a gastro something or other appointment.
I asked what it was and she said going inside you with a camera...

I tried to explain They are already doing that on the 19th..

she says it won't be the same, you won't be having the procedure on that day you will just be talking about it... but no because I said to my doctor I'd rather just do it on the day and not bother having a meeting to discuss the procedure beforehand.

So the original Endoscopy with ENT was the 19th at 11:35 at offered as an emergency appointment and they told me I likely wouldn't receive the letter in time, even though I have a full weeks notice.

Shes trying to give me an appointment the day for for 3:30 at some other hospital.

I don't even know if I'd be able to get between the hospital in time, what if I'm, sat waiting in the first hospital for 1-2 hours before I get seen etc...

Now I'm just confused about everything I literally have no idea what is going on anymore.

So now I have an Endoscopy on the 19th with ENT, and the following day yet another endoscopy with the Endoscopy department at another hospital....

Literally no Idea what they are for anymore, No one told me if I need to stop taking PPI meds or not..

I'm guessing they think it's cancer, now I'm already starting to doubt my own symptoms and just confused about exactly what's even meant to be happening.

the NHS is literally crap with organisation it seems..

This post might be a mess, I have fatigue/confusion and just don't care..

Not looking for Medical Advice. just stating how confusing the NHS seems to be when your considered URGENT.

surely its not right to expect someone to have 2 different endoscopy on the same day, within hours at 2 different hospitals?

Last edited:
not wanting to give medical advice but an endoscopy from ENT is likely a nasendoscopy (camera goes down nose) and looking at back of throat and larynx, the other is probably a gastroscopy looking at stomach and small bowel. They are different tests even though both are endoscopies

not wanting to give medical advice but an endoscopy from ENT is likely a nasendoscopy (camera goes down nose) and looking at back of throat and larynx, the other is probably a gastroscopy looking at stomach and small bowel. They are different tests even though both are endoscopies
And if you push them both far enough they can meet in the middle :)
My dad and I ended up getting confused about that a few months ago, as he was told he needed one and surprised they didn't want him to do the normal system flush first.

I have literally no idea what the NHS is doing with me anymore.

2 blood tests in a week.
Urine sample
Stool sample.

Booked in for Ultrasound scan tomorrow
Booked in for an Endoscopy on the 19th with an ENT department.

NHS just phoned me and offered me a gastro something or other appointment.
I asked what it was and she said going inside you with a camera...

I tried to explain They are already doing that on the 19th..

she says it won't be the same, you won't be having the procedure on that day you will just be talking about it... but no because I said to my doctor I'd rather just do it on the day and not bother having a meeting to discuss the procedure beforehand.

So the original Endoscopy with ENT was the 19th at 11:35 at offered as an emergency appointment and they told me I likely wouldn't receive the letter in time, even though I have a full weeks notice.

Shes trying to give me an appointment the day for for 3:30 at some other hospital.

I don't even know if I'd be able to get between the hospital in time, what if I'm, sat waiting in the first hospital for 1-2 hours before I get seen etc...

Now I'm just confused about everything I literally have no idea what is going on anymore.

So now I have an Endoscopy on the 19th with ENT, and the following day yet another endoscopy with the Endoscopy department at another hospital....

Literally no Idea what they are for anymore, No one told me if I need to stop taking PPI meds or not..

I'm guessing they think it's cancer, now I'm already starting to doubt my own symptoms and just confused about exactly what's even meant to be happening.

the NHS is literally crap with organisation it seems..

This post might be a mess, I have fatigue/confusion and just don't care..

Not looking for Medical Advice. just stating how confusing the NHS seems to be when your considered URGENT.

surely its not right to expect someone to have 2 different endoscopy on the same day, within hours at 2 different hospitals?
There is a good chance that the two hosptials have no idea what the other one is doing, and the person ringing you to book the appointment only knows about the one they're dealing with.

I would probably ring the appointment number for the specific department at the second hospital and explain you've already got an appointment for something at the first hospital on the same day and what it is, when i've had to do something similar for my dad the hospital has been able to sort it out as they don't want to have a lost appointment because you're unable to duplicate yourself and appear in two places at once.

There is a good chance that the two hosptials have no idea what the other one is doing, and the person ringing you to book the appointment only knows about the one they're dealing with.
She looked up my first appointment when I mentioned it.
but IDK if the details are hidden to her or not.

she basically came out with "it won't be for the same thing"
purely based on the first being ENT department and the second being "endoscopy department" of a different hospital.

I would probably ring the appointment number for the specific department at the second hospital and explain you've already got an appointment for something at the first hospital on the same day and what it is, when i've had to do something similar for my dad the hospital has been able to sort it out as they don't want to have a lost appointment because you're unable to duplicate yourself and appear in two places at once.
They aren't on the same day, but that's what she was trying to give me, even when I mentioned I was already having an endoscopy that day.
I guess one could be upper and one lower.
I see this on google
Which suggests its better to do them both on the same day.

I just looked on th NHS app and don't see the second appointment on there.
but something else on the 27th august combined gi pathway - RMS not for patience attendance

I'm guessing that;s some kind of dummy appointment I shouldn't be able to see

which just makes things even more weird.

I don't drive so would just be really awkward and stressful to have 2 endoscopy on the same day but different hospitals, if they were both at the same hospital I guess it wouldn't be so bad.

My ultrasound date has never appeared on the NHS app either, but they said it was an emergency appointment someone else cancelled. so maybe thats why

oh my consultation and events says suspected colorectal cancer.

my symptoms don't seem like it would be.

GP said he wanted to find out what was causing my acid reflux, and the ultrasound to check which I have trouble swallowing when my head is tilted up..

I'm pretty sure that is due to acid burning my throat, I was expecting the endoscopies to be looking for Barrett's oesophagus..

I don't feel like I've slept and lost a lot of weight so I guess that's why they suspect cancer.

physically I don't think I'm tired though, I did 2 bike rides at the weekend and felt fine..

so from possible GERDs and hyperactive thyroid to checking for cancer it seems.

without really being told what's going on.

Last edited:
If anyone gets asked can they act absolutely disgusted and outraged and say "How dare you! how dare you" in a greta thunberg voice before saying "fat shaming in the NHS absolutely disgusting" and lodge a complaint

how come they can likely upset a large part of the population to not hurt a few peoples feelings?

As the Wise Eminem once said "I don't gotta play pretend, it's you I make believe "
Visited hospital today:

IMG-3440.jpg

About three years ago I was called into the office for breaking GDPR, I had sent out patient notes to a Solicitor that contained another patients notes and quite a few of them.
I had my hand slapped and told to be very careful in the future, we also put a Policy in to make sure it hopefully didn't happen again.
Several months later the Solicitor got back in touch saying that their client had informed them that he had had multiple X-Rays and their could be a problem because they were pregnant - WTF :eek:
It turns out that the records that broke GDPR were actually the male patients records when they were female.
The other problem was that in no part of their records did it say they went through a transition and I had my bad mark revoked :)
From that day at our Trust our X-Ray staff had to ask everybody if they could be pregnant and I was asked the other week but I do look like I'm having twins.

Back
Top Bottom