Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Associate

V_R

V_R

Soldato
It’s well documented that opening of cdni is very harsh and takes about 20mins to start smelling anything like aventus.

I’ve just sprayed my arm with cdni as a test and I find this to be true for the bottle i have.

Its also well documented that everyone's skin is different and fragrances react differently from one person to another. ;)

Caporegime
The difference between the little paper testing strips and any skin in general is probably greater than the difference between different individual's skin (assuming it is clean) - though there does seem to be some difference ( not much research done on this as far as I can tell though). It does make me wonder how useful those testing strips are other than for perhaps eliminating a product you really don't like.

I'd wager that personal perceptions/biases (from branding, prior knowledge of the product being sampled/tested) etc.. some sort of placebo effect probably has a greater effect than variations in skin types too.

Associate
Wearing CDNI again today and I simply cannot get enough of it.

The batch I have lasts all day and some I could smell it on the pillow in the morning at the GF's house so it is some potent stuff.

Projects like a beast at work but colleagues are commenting it is not overpowering/unpleasant. Getting some good comments on it so chuffed with it so far.

Many thanks,
Dan

Caporegime
I think the Made in France one is generally preferred (then again, could all be subjective and rather biased) - supposedly a harsher "opening" on the UAE one...

Soldato
Wearing CDNI again today and I simply cannot get enough of it.

The batch I have lasts all day and some I could smell it on the pillow in the morning at the GF's house so it is some potent stuff.

Projects like a beast at work but colleagues are commenting it is not overpowering/unpleasant. Getting some good comments on it so chuffed with it so far.

Many thanks,
Dan

sounds a lot like mine

Soldato
I ordered Armaf Club De Nuit Intense from Amazon and didn't look at the delivery times, turns out it shipped from India. The box was cellophane wrapped but inside the bottle was wrapped in bubble wrap so it must have been opened. The bottle says made in UAE on the bottom, I'm really not convinced it smells much like Creed. It's not a bad scent though, will see how long it lasts, certainly very strong.

Associate
I ordered Armaf Club De Nuit Intense from Amazon and didn't look at the delivery times, turns out it shipped from India. The box was cellophane wrapped but inside the bottle was wrapped in bubble wrap so it must have been opened. The bottle says made in UAE on the bottom, I'm really not convinced it smells much like Creed. It's not a bad scent though, will see how long it lasts, certainly very strong.

Mine was definitely UK shipped... this was the one I ordered. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Armaf-Club...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BY6SEWR0RXYN7K39G51H

Gone up £2.00 in price though! :eek: as I paid £28.91 for it on the 19th and was delivered on the 23rd.

Shawrey

Associate
Soldato
Associate
lol, £2
When I first bought Armaf Club De Nuit Intense, it was around £14 a bottle.
I remember ordering 2 for £28 odd inc. delivery.
Since it's become more popular, the price has more than doubled

£2 doesn't sound a lot I grant, but can only be testament that this whiff is getting more popular for a near 10% increase in price. Especially, considering it was as cheap as you mention..

Shawrey

Soldato
I was in Leicester today for work, popped into PP shop to have a see what they had. Really nice shop and the worker there was pretty cool.

Managed to get a few bottles of stuff I wanted.

They have piles and piles of post waiting to be collected. Business must be good :)

They don't offer any discount in store like they do on their site. Cheaper to order online if you ordering more than £20 worth

Soldato
Sounds fake that it’s obviously been opened and they have probably put there own cheapo version in it. I was always under the impression it should have made in France for it to be legit

Soldato
I was in Leicester today for work, popped into PP shop to have a see what they had. Really nice shop and the worker there was pretty cool.

Managed to get a few bottles of stuff I wanted.

They have piles and piles of post waiting to be collected. Business must be good :)

They don't offer any discount in store like they do on their site. Cheaper to order online if you ordering more than £20 worth

I have eight bottles from pp. Couple are good but I find the others very weak. The ones which last are sticky

Soldato
Bought cdni from https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/house.of.fragrances

Figured they have a high street shop in Coventry so stock must be good.

Arrived today, box was sealed, opened it up and the inner box is perfect, only thing is the daggly medal thing that is stuck on front of bottle has come lose at some point and was stuck on not central. I guess the quality control of this stuff isn’t the best.

This bottle is Dated 04/2018 and cost £28.99

It is amazing stuff, was wearing it today, put on at 8am and can still smell it on me right now at 6.30pm, that’s with 4 sprays.

I don’t both per spraying wrists if I’m wearing long sleeve and it’s just wasted product. Only do this if I’m wearing a t shirt.

Back
Top Bottom