Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Caporegime
I used to spend stupid amounts on aftershave. I then realised it's just throwing money away and now I stick to the following.

CK One - 100ML for <£20
CK Contradiction - 100ML for £20
Joop - £10-£15 in B&M
Davidoff Coolwater - £10-£15 in B&M

if someone asks me what I like then I say:

Armani Code - £57 for 75ml
Issey Miyake - £60 for 125ml

it's a dead cert then i'll be getting one of them for birthday/christmas, etc so I don't need to buy it myself.

if their is a decent offer on @ duty free or on a plane then i'll dabble in something new. people paying £100-£300 for aftershave though need their heads checked. it does nothing better than say a £20 bottle of contradiction.

contradiction is my ultimate favourite. joop would be a close second. amazing both are under £20 too.

Man of Honour
if their is a decent offer on @ duty free or on a plane then i'll dabble in something new. people paying £100-£300 for aftershave though need their heads checked. it does nothing better than say a £20 bottle of contradiction.

People tend to spend those kind of amounts on it because it makes it increasingly less likely any one else will be wearing it.

Caporegime
Had this turn up just now from Amazon, it smells great, a bit feminine I think, quite sweet but still nice.

Smell is a very subjective thing.

1 persons favourite might be anothers nightmare.

I really like it and i've had literally hundreds of different aftershaves.

I have gucci pour homme II that im wearing atm and had compliments on. Before that i was on paco robanne 1 million but didnt think that was that great tbh.

Caporegime
people are suckers for labels - the main thing about selling fragrances is simply the marketing, plenty of products will have nice smells that are well liked it is the expensive ad campaigns and brand that people are handing over money for

Soldato
people paying £100-£300 for aftershave though need their heads checked. it does nothing better than say a £20 bottle of contradiction.

If you think everything is comparable to CK contradiction, then you have only smelt department store fragrances.

Some of my favourites are Interlude Man, Nasomatto Pardon & L`Air du Desert Marocain. I would consider these works of art, which takes you on olfactory journey. I wish I didn't have to spend so much but what do you do when the fragrances that sparks my interest happens to be expensive.

Back
Top Bottom