Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Allbeauty has it for £137.70 delivered.. I got VAT taken off that too :)

Edit so £114

Not bad but still too expensive for me unless its one I really want. I used to be able to pick up 50ml TFs on eBay for around £70... a gamble but I knew what to look for and they did turn out to be genuine.

Soldato
My local TK Maxx has Terre D'Hermes and TF Grey Vetiver for great prices... not really sure if I can bring myself to blind buy both though.

Also the new Gucci unisex (the one that translates to 'memory of an odour') is... not good.

Personally I didn't much like TF Grey Vetiver, the longevity on my skin was really poor. Terre D'Hermes is another matter though, it's one of my all-time favourites and always gets compliments.

Has anyone got any recommendations for decent summer scents? I've heard good things about Dior Sauvage and Chanel Allure Homme Sport but haven't tried either.

Soldato
Not bad but still too expensive for me unless its one I really want. I used to be able to pick up 50ml TFs on eBay for around £70... a gamble but I knew what to look for and they did turn out to be genuine.
I didn’t want to risk eBay, what with fakes floating about, especially at these prices. £70 is cheap though.

Soldato
Has anyone got any recommendations for decent summer scents? I've heard good things about Dior Sauvage and Chanel Allure Homme Sport but haven't tried either.

Dior has released a new Sauvage Parfum this month. That may be worth checking out !

Personally my favourite summer aquatics atm are Versace Man Eau Fraiche and Paco Rabanne Invictus Legend

Soldato
Lad where I used to work wore it once, with the joke being he had sausage fingers. I did exactly that photoshop for his Christmas card. :D

Got a TF Noir 100ml EDP from them as a leaving gift. After a few hours, it doesn't seem to project well on my skin, but it's definitely still there.

Soldato
Got some testers in the post today :)

TF Venetian Bergamot
TF Tuscan Leather
Mancera Cedrat Boise
Parfums de Marly Carlisle

Only tried Venetian bergamot so far. Quite liking it. :)

Soldato
Aside that it hasn't got any big ambroxan hit in it which some find quite 'in your face'.

I am keen to try it as the EdP 2018 is a real gem imo.

Shawrey
Indeed. I’ve had both the edt and edp. The edp is much smoother and less loud.

After owning both those bottles though I got tired of the smell and haven’t bought any since. Much better options out there to be trying.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I have, its ok, better than the EDT, not as good as the EDP IMO. Just a pleasant but nothing to get too excited about kind of fragrance.

I wouldn't buy it personally, much more unique fragrances out there, I also think it is a bit over priced for what it is.

Soldato
Wore PdM Carlisle to work today. Really liking it. Sort of reminds me of caramelised apples coated with a hint of tobacco. (Even though tobacco isn’t a listed note) strange.

Associate
My colleague at work came in wearing something new and have never smelt anything like it - very intriguing scent "Verset Parfums Cuero Eau de parfum" its labelled as an Oriental frag according to the website but to me has this amazing fresh pine smell backed with a warm spicy oriental heart.

Amazing scent from the few whiffs I had and I just had to ask him what it was.

Cheap to boot as £20ish for 100ml

Shawrey

Soldato
Purchased a bottle of kenzo pour homme for £19. :D

edit. Also just bought a bottle of PdM Herod. Needed something for the upcoming winter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom