Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Associate
Explorer already is edp, unfortunately.

Edit. Same with my bottle. Longevity is appalling. Shame. As it’s a good scent.

Really?! So it is as just checked fragrantica - due to it's strength I assumed it was an EdT. In that case it needs an extreme version of the EdP as for sure it's a great scent but the performance was terrible.

Shawrey

Soldato
Tom Ford Costa Azzurra Acqua I picked up sample of this from Fragrance Samples UK as it was recommended here omg my word smells like deep heat haha

Was I sold a dud or something I felt nausea from this fragrance?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Nothing wrong with Fragrance Samples UK, I've used them a lot. Tbh I'm sure if you email Greg he'll sort you out.

Soldato
Yup a dud, I tried it on a boat to France and it was beautiful.

Started wearing Tuscan Leather as its been a bit chilly. Never liked it before but this sample definitely has more raspberry. Wouldn't wear it to work as its way too strong but will definitely wear in autumn time at weekends etc.

Soldato
Mine too, Try the Extreme version, its even better. Both are great for a cold night out. :)

Ohh, how much? I don't do FB but if I did I would be interested. John Lewis have them usually so you can at least try them on skin before you buy. :)

It was about £18 I think, all samples only sprayed a couple of times. The private FB groups for frag-heads are a great way to get decants if you're not bulk buying a load from fragrancesamplesuk or they don't have what you're after, or better yet an actual bottle of what you're looking for (you get used, testers, BNIB, all sorts). I'm on Fragrance Sale/Split/Swap UK and FRAGCOMM which are two of the biggest ones.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with Fragrance Samples UK, I've used them a lot. Tbh I'm sure if you email Greg he'll sort you out.

Sent an email even showed me bottle so ye I will probably say that the fragrance is not for me it horrible he even said it smells medicinal to some.

Reply I got in full

We buy those ‘Retail’ from Fenwick’s (picture of bottle attached). We don’t cut any corners on our supply chain, especially on brands that are known to have fakes in distribution. All perfumes are tested by 3 very experienced people before being committed to stock. I have personally just tested the bottle and it’s absolutely fine and as it should be. People perceive things differently, which is why it is always best to buy small samples (as you did) Costa Azzurra Acqua is quite a challenging fragrance, because it has a high quantity of Pine, which many people say smells very ‘medicinal’

Soldato
Just got my margiela replica sample pack in the post. Only tested a couple so far. Two that stand out are sailing day and music festival.

Edit. Just tried by the fireplace, wow, this is great ! Reminds me of a smoky fire with chestnuts and marshmallows cooking on it. Proper Christmassy.

Edit2. Rather than bump the thread I’ll just edit. Just received a sample of Tom ford, oud minérale. Really good stuff. Never smelt anything like it before. Might pick up a bottle next time I’m in town. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone got any experience with Mancera Cedrat Boise? The reviews look good for it and it sounds like it shares some minor similarities with Aventus - which I need to stop using daily before I go noseblind to it.

If anyones worn it, do you think it'll be okay for wearing daily to work (office based), and what's the longevity/projection like with it?

Cheers.

Soldato
Has anyone got any experience with Mancera Cedrat Boise? The reviews look good for it and it sounds like it shares some minor similarities with Aventus - which I need to stop using daily before I go noseblind to it.

If anyones worn it, do you think it'll be okay for wearing daily to work (office based), and what's the longevity/projection like with it?

Cheers.

You could try grabbing a sample ?

https://www.fragrancesamplesuk.com/products/mancera-cedrat-boise

Soldato

Cheers.

Definitely grab a sample, but seems like an expensive choice just to wear to the office. You'd be better off with a cheap freshie like Versace Pour Homme for that purpose.

Soldato
Cheers gents - I've just ordered a sample to try out, from the reviews it sounds like it'll be the scent I'm after. I've been wearing Aventus to work for the last few days and I love the whiff of it after the dry down so hopefully this does the same.

It's a little pricey but if it's like Aventus, a few sprays lasts all day so it should last a decent amount of time I'd hope.

Soldato
Cheers gents - I've just ordered a sample to try out, from the reviews it sounds like it'll be the scent I'm after. I've been wearing Aventus to work for the last few days and I love the whiff of it after the dry down so hopefully this does the same.

It's a little pricey but if it's like Aventus, a few sprays lasts all day so it should last a decent amount of time I'd hope.
I’ve also been checking some reviews on Fragrantica. It has mixed views on its resemblance to aventus. Definitely a good choice sampling it first.

I’ve not tried Aventus yet to be honest. I know I’d like it, because Mont Blanc Explorer is similar apparently. I just can’t justify the price. :p

Soldato

Cheers.
It's nothing like Aventus, only a slight resemblance on the initial blast but quickly fades. Cedrat is a woody/fruity/lemon and drys down to more of a vanilla base. Inoffensive suitable for office as it wears quite close.

Soldato
I’ve also been checking some reviews on Fragrantica. It has mixed views on its resemblance to aventus. Definitely a good choice sampling it first.

I’ve not tried Aventus yet to be honest. I know I’d like it, because Mont Blanc Explorer is similar apparently. I just can’t justify the price. :p

Get a decant - it works out a bit cheaper. It's worth trying a sampler if not.

Thanks for the info on the Cedrat Boise, looking forward to trying it, it sounds lovely.

V_R

V_R

Soldato

Cheers.

Picked these two up from Notino a week or two ago. Cedrat Boise was down to £52, an absolute steal for 120ml of this juice. Figured I'd pick up the Ferrari too as it was just over £15 and is a great work scent in the summer. :)

n2hpMgw.jpg

Its not too much like Aventus, but its shares similarities. It is beast mode though, will do you all day no sweat. :)

Try layering AVT and CB. ;)

Soldato
Its not too much like Aventus, but its shares similarities. It is beast mode though, will do you all day no sweat. :)

Try layering AVT and CB. ;)

Thanks again @V_R, I did actually get a sample of the Ferrari Bright Neroli in my last batch of samplers but against the likes of TF Noir Extreme and AVT, Spicebomb Extreme, and the Hermes EDP, it kinda got lost.

Managed to get a sniff of the the Cedrat Boise today, I see what you chaps mean, the first 15 secs have an AVT vibe but it quickly disappears and leaves a nice vanilla smell that reminds me of Spicebomb Extreme.

I sprayed it over some CDNIM that was a few hours old and the mix is lovely after about an hour!

Edit: a few hours later, the Cedrat has a smell that reminds me of some clone oil based TF Tobacco Vanille I bought years ago, the vanilla is the standard smell for my nose but it smells really synthetic to me. The longevity and projection of it is incredible though. I could see a few sprays lasting all day!

Last edited:
Soldato
My local TK Maxx has Terre D'Hermes and TF Grey Vetiver for great prices... not really sure if I can bring myself to blind buy both though.

Also the new Gucci unisex (the one that translates to 'memory of an odour') is... not good.

Back
Top Bottom