Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Thought this was a bargain @ £112 for 100ml and the body. spray.
0GrcTtm.jpeg

I'm really struggling to get through my JPG le male..

I know he's a gay icon, but bloody hell, it smells like an explosion in a skittles factory! I find it overbearingly sweet and floral.

I'm currently working my way through a bottle of Prada lunarossa carbon but I'm pretty much take it or leave it....

And an old favorite, Prada amber per homme... It's discontinued so it was a bit of an effort to find a bottle but I just love the fresh leather /barber shop soap kinda smell.

I'm really struggling to get through my JPG le male..

I know he's a gay icon, but bloody hell, it smells like an explosion in a skittles factory! I find it overbearingly sweet and floral.

I'm currently working my way through a bottle of Prada lunarossa carbon but I'm pretty much take it or leave it....

And an old favorite, Prada amber per homme... It's discontinued so it was a bit of an effort to find a bottle but I just love the fresh leather /barber shop soap kinda smell.
Le male has been a staple in my collection since I was a young man lol, i still love it to this day!

Bought some Lynx Africa deodorant the other day. I use it to cover the smell of both active and dried sweat. Underneath that layer, you can find a subtle nose of middle-aged depression and angst.

Last edited:
Some good tips in this thread. I fancied buying something different to the stuff I've had over the years so read back through the thread writing down some seemingly popular options.

I work for an airport so last night went into the terminal and had a good whiff at everything I'd written down bar the Tom Ford bits of which there were no samples available.
My other half also wanted a Jo Malone fragrance so I've added that to my order (I get a staff discount buying in the terminal but a much bigger discount using their website for some reason).

Ended up getting:
Jo Malone London Pomegranate Noir Cologne Eau de Cologne 100ml

Kenzo Homme Intense Duo Set 2x110ml Eau de Toilette

Ralph Lauren Polo Blue Coffret Spray 125ml + 15ml Eau de Toilette

Prada Luna Rossa Ocean Eau de Toilette 100ml

Grand total £225. :cool:

BLEU DE CHANEL is a tricky customer and one I'm trying to make a daily driver but the parfum, especially, hits hard and takes just a while to simmer down and become palatable. Would (do) put on at 5am for a 10am meeting, five stars.

I bought Invictus a while ago because a guy in front of me bought it when I couldn't decide. Its OK but not my first choice. Then I bought Wood by Victorinox which is really nice but can be overpowering if not used sparingly

What do you think? I tried it on skin and wasn't too impressed.
Got it in the mail today. Honestly, just smells like a stronger version of the original, but slightly lighter(which is what I was hoping for!) It should also last longer being an EdP. Limited edition is a concern I guess if you run out and it gets discontinued though.

Reactions: V_R
I've currently got a Ralph Lauren Romance that I use and have for quite a while. Before that I had Antonio Banderas Seduction which was ok too.

The Romance is about to run out (no pun intended;)), so wondering what to replace it with. No idea where to start though. I just spent some time at Heathrow trying a few different ones, but nothing massively jumped out but I also have limited idea what I'm looking for, lol. Any "go to" recommendations?

The Dior Sauvage seemed kind of nice, and seems to last based on a test on my wrist. The Hermes terre...something also seemed nice, but don't think it's lasting that long. The Sauvage is currently the front runner based on that, but are there others I should be trying out as well?

Back
Top Bottom