*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Just pulled the trigger on a switch lite using the amazon vouchers I got for my birthday :D

Any game recommendations? Will probs looking at getting the 2 x zeldas although haven't played them before. Haven't owned a Nintendo since snes days!

Depends what games you're after as there is now a nice library to choose from! Worth getting Super mario odyssey.

Associate
You can say Amazon you know.

Is that game worth it compared to breath of the wild.

It's a classic but they are VERY different games:

- BOTW is a gigantic open-world game with crafting and tons of semi-realistic physics
- Link's Awakening is a very tightly-crafted puzzlebox that the player unlocks by solving
- BOTW is a slightly stylised presentation but overall very much real world cinematic cameras
- Link's Awakening is a top down 2.5D game with extremely stylised graphics that evoke plastic models or miniatures
- BOTW is a long game, although playtime will vary a lot depending on how invested the player is in finding everything: I spent 100 hrs
- Link's awakeing is more like 10 hrs, maybe a bit more, although every one of them is good

They're both top games but very different: if in doubt, I'd suggest to watch some Youtube trailers of both.

Soldato
@spook2575 yeah my friend is gifting me Mario. Think I may take a punt on links awakening first, with those two games keeping me occupied.

Pokemon blue takes me back and thought about getting Pokemon sword although Im guessing the original and sword are miles apart?

Also tempted by donkey Kong for nostalgia reasons

Soldato
Think I'm going to have to hold out at least until we know what this new switch is, is be annoyed if I got a switch now for them to release a Pro with updated processor.

If it was just 1080 handheld it wouldn't bother me is is never use it handheld.
I wouldn't mind one thats not got a screen.

Soldato
@spook2575

Pokemon blue takes me back and thought about getting Pokemon sword although Im guessing the original and sword are miles apart?

No, Sword is objectively a better game than blue, effectively the same game, new gameplay features, better graphics, some open world elements, multiplayer, new Pokemon, in colour(!), etc.

But being effectively the same story on a different map is one of the criticisms from a few posters on here, it hasn’t moved on that much from 1990s, a few of the fight animations are actually the same as the original game.

The internet ‘backlash’ is because it didn’t have a full Pokédex of all Pokemon ever released but it has way more than the originals and plenty of new ones, or it wasn’t fully open world.

Blue is only better if your look back through rose tinted nostalgia glasses.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just had a look at confirmed 2020 games and not found anything I am interested in. Looks like a weak year for me if we don't get Zelda BotW 2 or Metroid 4.

Would like to see a new Mario Kart. Hopefully they surprise us with something for end of the year.

Would love to see a new punch out, oh and make an F-Zero game already!

Soldato
There will definitely be some big unannounced stuff coming. There is a Direct tomorrow but it'll be mostly Smash related. Hopefully we'll get something else as well. 35 minutes is a long time to talk about Smash DLC!

Associate
Just had a look at confirmed 2020 games and not found anything I am interested in. Looks like a weak year for me if we don't get Zelda BotW 2 or Metroid 4.

Would like to see a new Mario Kart. Hopefully they surprise us with something for end of the year.

Would love to see a new punch out, oh and make an F-Zero game already!

I've given up hope for a new F-Zero :(

Caporegime
There will definitely be some big unannounced stuff coming. There is a Direct tomorrow but it'll be mostly Smash related. Hopefully we'll get something else as well. 35 minutes is a long time to talk about Smash DLC!
So far we don't know of the next direct although its heavily rumoured to be tomorrow, and many stores have leaked release/announcement dates for tomorrow. All pointing to a direct coming. Also that thing from Sakurai is a seperate stream isn't it for the next DLC Fighter?

Back
Top Bottom