*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Has anyone tried the budget Pro-style controllers, and have also tried the official Pro ones?

We bought switches for our kids for xmas (a lite for the younger one), and picked up a "diswoe wireless controller" for sub-£17 from Amazon after reading through reviews. I figured for that price it was worth a go for a secondary controller.

I've been extremely impressed with it, having come from using Xbox 360 and then Xbox One controllers. It's far better than I expected for such a cheap controller. I find the JoyCons really unsuitable for Super Metroid, so am favouring the 'Diswoe' (which is a terrible name :D )

Just wondering how it compares to the actual Pro one, which I've not seen in the flesh at all.

Soldato
Has anyone tried the budget Pro-style controllers, and have also tried the official Pro ones?

We bought switches for our kids for xmas (a lite for the younger one), and picked up a "diswoe wireless controller" for sub-£17 from Amazon after reading through reviews. I figured for that price it was worth a go for a secondary controller.

I've been extremely impressed with it, having come from using Xbox 360 and then Xbox One controllers. It's far better than I expected for such a cheap controller. I find the JoyCons really unsuitable for Super Metroid, so am favouring the 'Diswoe' (which is a terrible name :D )

Just wondering how it compares to the actual Pro one, which I've not seen in the flesh at all.

Sounds a good result! I don't have any experience with any third party pro controllers but the official one is probably, on balance, my favourite controller of all time.

Man of Honour

The Pro controller has a very bad dpad, so yours is probably better in that respect. I use an 8bitdo or PS4 controller for anything that needs a dpad.

Soldato
Sounds a good result! I don't have any experience with any third party pro controllers but the official one is probably, on balance, my favourite controller of all time.
This one looks to be the same shape as the official one, and certainly sits comfortably. Not sure I have it above the Xbox One, but it's certainly good.

The Pro controller has a very bad dpad, so yours is probably better in that respect. I use an 8bitdo or PS4 controller for anything that needs a dpad.
The d-pad is better than on the 360 pads (they were so bad!), but I'm not sure it's perfect. It's good enough, though. The lack of an actual d-pad on the joycons is why I just can't use them for SNES stuff.

Soldato

I've heard this spoken about substantially, but I've got to be honest, I don't know how it's bad (perhaps ignorance is bliss and don't tell me!) :D

Not saying it's not, but what's the issue with it?

Soldato
Guys, I got the Switch/Animal crossing bundle for the wife. There is no code to redeem for AC, is this something that should be in the box? I bought from Very
If digital copy yes there should be something. Unless you got an email code like Amazon sometimes do? Checked spam? Does it say 'Download code included' anywhere on the box? If it's an actual Nintendo bundle then it should say something on the box.

61Mav-nmefL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Wife has played a bit of Animal Crossing. Have to be honest it looks really ****ing boring.
Got it for my son for xmas, with his Switch, because he'd talked about it a bit from seeing it at a friend's house. He played it a lot for the first couple of weeks, but I notice that he's put it down lately.

I thought it looked dead boring too.

Back
Top Bottom