*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Lunges might take up a little more room but you can always turn sideways for them. I used to have it set up in the lounge in my old place and it was a little cramped but manageable. Floor space was limited to about 1m depth TV to sofa but a few metres width. With the sofa behind me I could swing my arms fully without getting close to anything. In my new place the Switch dock is in my office and there's definitely not enough space despite the floor space being about the same as the wall is right up against my back.

On that note I need a second dock for the lounge. Any recommendations? I've heard some have issues with power so keen for something tried and tested.

Soldato
The Ringfit Adventure sounds interesting.

My computer and 27" monitor is in the kitchen, with the monitor sat on my breakfast bar. I play on the Nintendo Switch on there too. The clearance between the edge of the breakfast bar and the cooker behind me is 120cm. That amount of space is fine for me to use the joy-cons while standing up e.g. Super Mario Party in Sound Stage mode. Just make sure you don't have any drinks nearby or anything else that you can knock over O.o :p

How much clearance would I need for the Ringfit? I could turn my monitor around 180° then it faces my lounge. I don't have a TV, so the monitor at 27" is the biggest screen that I have.

If you are doing floor exercises like mountain climbers and planks the switch won't detect you if it is on the breakfast bar (too high up). I have mine in front of me on the TV stand and sometimes it struggles to pick up the Joy-Con on the leg strap when doing planks. You need quite a bit more room than that too I think. You can choose not to do planks etc of course. Just switch them out of your rotations.

Man of Honour
If you are doing floor exercises like mountain climbers and planks the switch won't detect you if it is on the breakfast bar (too high up). I have mine in front of me on the TV stand and sometimes it struggles to pick up the Joy-Con on the leg strap when doing planks. You need quite a bit more room than that too I think. You can choose not to do planks etc of course. Just switch them out of your rotations.

The newer switches and joycons should be fine.

Soldato
Wow, Ring Fit Adventure is a serious workout! Just had my first go and I've been sweating and I'm quite tired now. I also don't recommend going up and down stairs after doing a load of squats. Wobbly legs aren't good!

Soldato
Wow, Ring Fit Adventure is a serious workout! Just had my first go and I've been sweating and I'm quite tired now. I also don't recommend going up and down stairs after doing a load of squats. Wobbly legs aren't good!

Yeah it's the real deal. You get a proper sweat on. Some of the areas that focus on legs plus boss battles can wreck you with the amount of squats you're required to do. It's always fun though!

Soldato
Yeah it's the real deal. You get a proper sweat on. Some of the areas that focus on legs plus boss battles can wreck you with the amount of squats you're required to do. It's always fun though!

No kidding! I was sweating loads and I only did 20 mins to start with. And I'm on a low level too so I can't imagine what it's going to be like at the higher levels. It was loads of fun though and I feel really good after doing it. At the beginning is it a good idea to space out the days, so do it once every few days or should I just go straight in again tomorrow but do different exercises to avoid taxing the same muscles too much?

That plank at level 30... :vomitemoji:

Oh crap, I'm feeling scared now!

Soldato
No kidding! I was sweating loads and I only did 20 mins to start with. And I'm on a low level too so I can't imagine what it's going to be like at the higher levels. It was loads of fun though and I feel really good after doing it. At the beginning is it a good idea to space out the days, so do it once every few days or should I just go straight in again tomorrow but do different exercises to avoid taxing the same muscles too much?

Oh crap, I'm feeling scared now!

At first I went at it every day, which was probably too much. When you unlock other exercises you can vary it to do whatever area you feel you want to. Say a leg day followed by arms or aerobic or whatever. I kind of settled on the latter eventually because too much of one thing isn't that helpful especially if it is still hurting from the day before.

Planks are indeed horrible.

Associate
Mountain climber at level 30 is the real test. I've been doing at least 10 minutes every morning for almost a year now, it does get easier if you stick with it.

Man of Honour
I'm used to doing planks from the old Wii Fit days. Doing them with your arms on the balance board, that was a killer.

Normal planks are easy but having to stick your bottom high in the air like you’re trying to attract a mate is painful in more than one way. I don’t know about you but I’m not used to doing that :o

Associate
My son has been playing a lot of Fortnite on the Switch and now my daughter wants in on the action. Does any one know if you can play 2 player (split-screen) with a single Fortnite account? or will I need to setup a separate account?

Soldato
Respawn/Panic Button bringing Apex Legends on March 9th. Cross play enabled though I guess if you're playing handheld you might want only play with other Switch users. Still, the best BR game out there so it's good that more people will get to play it.

Soldato
Respawn/Panic Button bringing Apex Legends on March 9th. Cross play enabled though I guess if you're playing handheld you might want only play with other Switch users. Still, the best BR game out there so it's good that more people will get to play it.

Not played it myself but happy to give it a go

Back
Top Bottom