*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Wife is enjoying her Switch that I got her at Christmas.
Her play list isn't exactly varied - and follows a definite pattern:

Animal Crossing: New Horizon
Stardew Valley
Two Point Hospital

Anything in a similar vain I should keep my eyes out for?
I always get guilty picking up yet another game for the PS5, so always looking to grab something for her Switch too.

How about, My Time At Portia? Currently on sale for £6.24 on the eShop

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just started playing 3d World and have to say, im not wowed so far. I am only about an hour in but it all very very limited and short. By the time you are getting into a level its all over. Feels very much like style over substance. It worked really well for Mario galaxy but thats maybe because it was such a novel concept and it was truly 3D. Hoping that it gets better.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
If anyone is after a Switch, Argos have stock of the new Mario edition for £290. Decided I'd grab one as they sent me a £12 off voucher :D

Man of Honour
Just started playing 3d World and have to say, im not wowed so far. I am only about an hour in but it all very very limited and short. By the time you are getting into a level its all over. Feels very much like style over substance. It worked really well for Mario galaxy but thats maybe because it was such a novel concept and it was truly 3D. Hoping that it gets better.

It’s an 8 year old game made during a period when Nintendo were avoiding innovation at all costs.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It’s an 8 year old game made during a period when Nintendo were avoiding innovation at all costs.

I did worry about this a bit but everyone seems to rave about it like its the second coming. All the reviews of the revised version have almost entirely been 9/10 which to my mind is bizzare even if it was considered 9/10 8 years ago.

I don't feel like the game rewards me for exploration (or in this case, turning over every stone because there isn't much exploration) and I don't feel that sense of achievement when I get to the end of the short levels.

Soldato
Ordered the new mario 3D world from Amazon for release day - what a surprise it hasn’t turned up. Never pre ordering from them again. Disappointing. Don’t understand why they don’t ship out a day earlier.

Associate
Currys have 10% off if you buy two selected Switch games so I went with Odyssey and Links Awakening.

Still in the starting area of Links Awakening but I think I'm going to enjoy this more than BOTW.

Associate
My copy of Super Mario 3D World arrived yesterday (from Amazon too).
Have only played Bowser's Fury but loving it. Visually, very appealing and love the short sharp gameplay mechanics.
Having played 3D world on the WiiU - I know what to expect from this re-release. I will play it through with my kids on co-op.

F
Currys have 10% off if you buy two selected Switch games so I went with Odyssey and Links Awakening.

Still in the starting area of Links Awakening but I think I'm going to enjoy this more than BOTW.

Give BOTW time. It didn't captivate me to begin with either. In fact I put it back in its box for weeks after only a few hours. But I realised I need to forget what I knew about previous Zelda games - this was about exploring! I used to look at the map and just say to myself "right, I am going to go there tonight" and just explore. Played that one 95% in handheld mode too.

Soldato
No, you're all wrong... ;)

I do get it, I'm the reverse, the old Zelda's were like little puzzle boxes and so linear I found them dull, in particular the dungeons.

I just started another playthrough of BotW and it still blows me away, especially the beginning when you don't have much stuff.

My first time playing through is without doubt one of the best gaming experiences I've had, and BotW is probably my favourite game of all time.

Soldato
One of my favourite games of all time!

The level design can be really varied and creative.

It is really fun as a multiplayer game. I love it because I played it a lot with my kids.

Soldato
No, you're all wrong... ;)

I do get it, I'm the reverse, the old Zelda's were like little puzzle boxes and so linear I found them dull, in particular the dungeons.

I just started another playthrough of BotW and it still blows me away, especially the beginning when you don't have much stuff.

My first time playing through is without doubt one of the best gaming experiences I've had, and BotW is probably my favourite game of all time.
Most Zelda games have you start with hardly any stuff in the beginning. You've usually got to find your sword or shield and gradually build up your weapons etc.

I I just prefer the simpler story games. I know roughly where to go and I don't have hundreds of hours to put into a game.

I still rank ALTTP as one of my all time favourite games. Still play through it regularly.

Soldato
As Steve said, just prefer the older style Zelda games.

Admittedly I never got that far into BOTW before I sold my previous Switch. Will most likely pick it up again.

I didn’t like BOTW to begin with, I actually ended up selling it. I bought it again and it got so much better. I found the beginning brutally difficult (and tbh, I still think it’s one of the hardest games I’ve played) but once you start building up your inventory and get the hang of the combat it’s absolutely fantastic.

Soldato

Maybe you’re to old for mario games ?

my 7 year old loves it

Back
Top Bottom