*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
The manufacturer of the OLED panel mentioned it in their investor briefing 4 months ago, and the strong glare was reported during the hands on preview event that news outlets were invited to.
Have you any links as I can't find anything when searching for it.

From the UK press hands on most of the sites listed are quoted as saying the new screen looks great and is much brighter and more vibrant than the original.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ds-on_impressions_of_the_nintendo_switch_oled

Last edited:
Is anyone playing Ring Fit Adventure? I'm incredibly unfit (100kg when I should be about 75kg), and was wondering what a good start level would be based on that? I think the levels are from 1 (unfittest) to 30 (the fittest) and apparently it's meant to be a good workout if you play it for 30 minutes a day. The game + kit is available on Amazon for £57 at the moment and I'm tempted.

I tried searching thread titles for "ring" and it gave me a load of results about an X-Box 360 "ring of death", and if I search for "ring fit", it didn't give me anything! So I'm having to ask in the super-thread here.

Soldato
My pixel 5 does and it's not that easy for me to view my stats when I'm out walking. That's on max.
I agree, if I try watching a film on my s20plus unless it's am overcast day, you miss half the film. I'd say an led is better for outside, as greys are brighter than the true black you get:D

Man of Honour
Is anyone playing Ring Fit Adventure? I'm incredibly unfit (100kg when I should be about 75kg), and was wondering what a good start level would be based on that? I think the levels are from 1 (unfittest) to 30 (the fittest) and apparently it's meant to be a good workout if you play it for 30 minutes a day. The game + kit is available on Amazon for £57 at the moment and I'm tempted.

I tried searching thread titles for "ring" and it gave me a load of results about an X-Box 360 "ring of death", and if I search for "ring fit", it didn't give me anything! So I'm having to ask in the super-thread here.

I started on the maximum level it let me choose, I can't remember what number that was but I don't think it was 30. Maybe it was around 10 and it let me increase it slowly over time up to 30.

It's great by the way, it's a genuine fitness product and genuinely improves your strength, cardio, balance, and flexibility.

Soldato

It's a great workout you won't be disappointed. Think I started at low level then increased it over time up to around 17 which suited me. You'll get an big sweat on and its a fun way to lose weight and you'll feel much fitter.

fez

fez

Caporegime
What you don't understand is how hard this was and what a technical marvel it is. Rumour has it they are still truing to figure out how to have folders on the Switch as well. Some say thats impossible though so who knows. If anyone can do the impossible though its Nintendo.

Man of Honour
What you don't understand is how hard this was and what a technical marvel it is. Rumour has it they are still truing to figure out how to have folders on the Switch as well. Some say thats impossible though so who knows. If anyone can do the impossible though its Nintendo.

I was going to make a snide comment about expecting folders in another 4 years.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I was going to make a snide comment about expecting folders in another 4 years.

In 4 years we will have the new Switch and Mario Kart 8 Special edition.

On an unrelated note. Just got Ring fit for my partner and its a really good workout. Going to try and do it most mornings to get me going first thing. I sit in a chair for 9 hours a day so a bit of exercise in the morning is probably a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom