*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
You can copy everything from your memory card to your pc, then put the card into the new switch to format it, remove the card from the switch then copy the contents over from your pc back to the card, then put it into the new switch.
I wish I knew that before I formatted the card. Currently downloading 550GB super slowly :(

Mine still isn't due till next week and I also purchased it from Amazon France.

That's funny as I only ordered mine on the day the DF overview video came out.

Soldato
Hey guys. Anyone know if there are currently any trade in deals on the older switches towards the OLED model?

My wife is quite interested in picking up the OLED model as unlike me, she uses hers in handheld all the time.

In her case it makes a lot more sense than me who primarily use mine docked.

Not a trade in deal but I bought mine from Very and got 10% off for putting it on buy now pay later, so £279.

It's a credit agreement so not for everyone but an option.

Soldato
Hey guys. Anyone know if there are currently any trade in deals on the older switches towards the OLED model?

My wife is quite interested in picking up the OLED model as unlike me, she uses hers in handheld all the time.

In her case it makes a lot more sense than me who primarily use mine docked.
Game are giving £140 off an oled switch when trading in an older model. Or £90 trading in a Switch Lite.

Pretty poor offer to be honest.

Soldato
Yeah I did a run around this morning. EVERYWHERE near me was out of stock of the OLED model in person of course, and basically saying we don't even KNOW if we're going to get anymore anytime soon, but the trade in offers were pretty bad.

I then happened to stop at one of the local supermarket and got told, no, no stock, it's not even in our system. I then went to the other large supermarket near me and they actually still had one, in white and all (I was VERY surprised when she walked out the stock room with one; given the White one is THE hardest one to get right now). Wasn't even advertised on the shelves; so guess the stock was really that limited. One of my family members works for them so they were able to go in and grab with 10% discount. That'll do, and will sell the wife's old one to recoup some of the upgrade cost; as she uses hers as a handheld this upgrade is far more worthwhile for her; and if it costs her around £100 or a bit less, that's probably worth it for all the little improvements.

She is looking forward to the new model coming out the box; but waiting until the screen protector arrives before we even consider unboxing it!

It's not got many dark areas, but pretty sure Animal Crossing and all the other games she plays will look lovely on it. I am not planning to get one for myself right now though; unless the overall quality of the thing just makes mine look bad.

I have an AC V2 Edition as well, play mostly docked, and use a pro controller, so I'm in no rush.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I did a run around this morning. EVERYWHERE near me was out of stock of the OLED model in person of course, and basically saying we don't even KNOW if we're going to get anymore anytime soon, but the trade in offers were pretty bad.

I then happened to stop at one of the local supermarket and got told, no, no stock, it's not even in our system. I then went to the other large supermarket near me and they actually still had one, in white and all (I was VERY surprised when she walked out the stock room with one; given the White one is THE hardest one to get right now). Wasn't even advertised on the shelves; so guess the stock was really that limited. One of my family members works for them so they were able to go in and grab with 10% discount. That'll do, and will sell the wife's old one to recoup some of the upgrade cost; as she uses hers as a handheld this upgrade is far more worthwhile for her; and if it costs her around £100 or a bit less, that's probably worth it for all the little improvements.

She is looking forward to the new model coming out the box; but waiting until the screen protector arrives before we even consider unboxing it!

It's not got many dark areas, but pretty sure Animal Crossing and all the other games she plays will look lovely on it. I am not planning to get one for myself right now though; unless the overall quality of the thing just makes mine look bad.

I have an AC V2 Edition as well, play mostly docked, and use a pro controller, so I'm in no rush.
I believe there is a screen protector already on the oled system.

Man of Honour

Do yourself a favor and avoid looking at her screen. It’s an enormous improvement in both dark and vibrant games.

Very few “influencers” on YouTube seem to even notice the huge improvement in motion clarity but for me that’s probably a bigger improvement than the contrast out screen size improvements.

Man of Honour
Well it's technically a protector then. It will stop the glass getting scratched anyway.

If you want to be pedantic then technically it isn’t.

A protector can be peeled off and replaced, this coating is a part of the screen that serves multiple purposes (diffusion and safety) and not a replaceable covering.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do yourself a favor and avoid looking at her screen. It’s an enormous improvement in both dark and vibrant games.

Very few “influencers” on YouTube seem to even notice the huge improvement in motion clarity but for me that’s probably a bigger improvement than the contrast out screen size improvements.

Luckily, I play the VAST majority of the time docked, otherwise I'd have grabbed a second one! So for ME, the price doesn't necessarily justify the upgrade. Always a chance I'll get tempted anyhow haha but I do like my AC edition :D :) If I'd been a primarily mobile player I'd have definitely got the OLED for myself too.

And yeah although there is the anti-shatter; both of us would feel better with a proper protector on there, just incase! Orzly have looked after us before, so gone for them again. Should be here Tuesday, so I'm sure she'll have it out on Tuesday night :)

I'm just happy I was able to find one for her TBH (and the white one at that), they're sold out everywhere, and I suspect they'll be a hot item this Xmas, and thus hard to get for at least the next few months, even if stock isn't as constrained as say the PS5/XB.

Man of Honour
Luckily, I play the VAST majority of the time docked, otherwise I'd have grabbed a second one! So for ME, the price doesn't necessarily justify the upgrade. Always a chance I'll get tempted anyhow haha but I do like my AC edition :D :) If I'd been a primarily mobile player I'd have definitely got the OLED for myself too.

And yeah although there is the anti-shatter; both of us would feel better with a proper protector on there, just incase! Orzly have looked after us before, so gone for them again. Should be here Tuesday, so I'm sure she'll have it out on Tuesday night :)

I'm just happy I was able to find one for her TBH (and the white one at that), they're sold out everywhere, and I suspect they'll be a hot item this Xmas, and thus hard to get for at least the next few months, even if stock isn't as constrained as say the PS5/XB.

You definitely need a screen protector, there are already reports of the anti-shatter coating showing visible marks.

I very rarely used my Switch in handheld mode is the screen is a touch too small for me on some games and the screen is to bright to play in a pitch black bedroom. This OLED model solves both of those issues so I should get a lot more handheld use out of it.

Man of Honour
I'm wondering this. Buy on eshop or go physical. Still ******* mad that digital is more expensive than physical. I could deal with parity but paying £10 for the privilege of not being able to sell it on is rude.
drzjHfM.png

I paid £34 for my physical copy, so it's £16 more expensive for the privilege of buying a version that you can't sell on and is tied to Nintendo's servers being online!

Back
Top Bottom