*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Id like to get a Nintendo switch but worried about the issue with joycons going faulty. Is the issue still not resolved yet?

No, the latest OLED ones still have drift.

You can fix it for a few months with WD40 contact cleaner spray though, or replace them with some £1.50 Chinese knock-offs very easily that actually last longer than the originals :cry:

Soldato
A good way for Nintendo to push the Switch Online Expansion Pack if it does happen and other reason for people to sign up to Xbox Game Pass. A win for both companies.
It will definitely help boost online expansion numbers. As the remastered version is looking like a separate game I’ll likely get that rather than the expansion though.

Associate
Anyone with Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee? I’m in need of the exclusive Pokémon please:
  • Vulpix
  • Meowth
  • Bellsprout
  • Ekans
  • Koffing
  • Pinsir
  • Eevee
Thanks
If no one else offers I can probably help in a week or two. Can't see myself getting on and catching everything any time soon with busy life stuff but give me a nudge if you're still looking mid Jan.

Soldato
We just picked up the normal one, with the fit adventure. Also got Mario Kart 8 deluxe, Mario and Sonic 2020 Tokyo games, and Crash bandicoot. We also got Bullseye and some bowling game for about £1.50 from the Nintendo store. It’ll mostly be hooked up to our TV.

What are the GTA games like? I noticed it on the Nintendo store but wouldn’t have thought the switch could play it very well?

Even if it's a great port, the game hasn't aged that well imo.
Exactly. Leave it in the past. That game hasn't aged well nor does it tell a great story or anything. The only value is the 5 minutes of nostalgia that you'll get.

Ocarina of time for instance is a great story, that would benefit from a total remake. Goldeneye however can rest in the past.

Man of Honour
They wouldn't **** up an absolute classic like Goldeneye would they.... would they?

I think we know the answer.

All the N64 games use the same laggy and poorly performing emulator. They don’t tailor it to each game and it wasn’t originally made to be universal.

fez

fez

Caporegime
All the N64 games use the same laggy and poorly performing emulator. They don’t tailor it to each game and it wasn’t originally made to be universal.

Oh I know. My point was more that Nintendo has the money and resources currently to do as they wish. They could make an amazing remaster or whatever they want. They just won't because they can chuck out any **** and 90% of the Nintendo fan base will lap it up while they back away bowing and saying "thank you Nintendo, your'e so good to us Nintendo"

Man of Honour
Oh I know. My point was more that Nintendo has the money and resources currently to do as they wish. They could make an amazing remaster or whatever they want. They just won't because they can chuck out any **** and 90% of the Nintendo fan base will lap it up while they back away bowing and saying "thank you Nintendo, your'e so good to us Nintendo"

Consumers are the problem. If the low effort tripe didn’t sell so well then they would increase their efforts. It’s bad business to increase costs when sales are so high, they want to be on the efficient frontier for profit.

Pokémon is the perfect case study of this.

Back
Top Bottom