*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Got an OLED Switch for Christmas :) been thoroughly enjoying playing Mariokart and Wonder with the Mrs on our TV. We're currently using half a joycon each so I am struggling with my fat hands on a tiny controller. What would you guys recommend, getting two pro controllers or another joycon with the comfort grip thing?
Up to you. Pro is pricey but a brilliant controller. I wouldn’t be without mine.

Associate
Got an OLED Switch for Christmas :) been thoroughly enjoying playing Mariokart and Wonder with the Mrs on our TV. We're currently using half a joycon each so I am struggling with my fat hands on a tiny controller. What would you guys recommend, getting two pro controllers or another joycon with the comfort grip thing?
Pro controller is the best by far.

Soldato
I have the 8bitdo ultimate and it works very very well. You have to make sure you get the Bluetooth/wifi version, not just the WiFi version. I managed to get mine for £40.01 but they were £4 cheaper than that sometime. One of the only controllers other than the pro that supports power on from the controller. It’s really well made, it has hall effect thumb sticks and comes with a brilliant charging dock. I can also have the WiFi module plugged into my PC and just use the switch at the back to go seamlessly between Bluetooth and WiFi. In my opinion at that price it surpasses the Pro for features/price.

Associate
Pro controller is awesome, loved mine when i had my previous switch, at the moment im using a cheepo game wired zelda controller with my new oled and although it does the job, im defo 100% getting another pro controller when i can stop buying games so i can afford it lol

Associate
I'm expecting to get lambasted for this and am ready to take it on the chin...

Been a massive gamer for probably 25 of my 31 years and I'm going to admit that I have never once played a Mario game but feel like I need to get the right one to start me off - which one would you all recommend?

Associate

Been a massive gamer for probably 25 of my 31 years and I'm going to admit that I have never once played a Mario game but feel like I need to get the right one to start me off - which one would you all recommend?
:O

super mario world or SMB3

Soldato

To be fair, I have been a Nintendo fan since the 64 and my first Mario game wasn't until New Super Mario Bros on Woo, which I never finished. But I got Mario Odyssey for my birthday a few years ago and it has been one of my favourite games in years, got it to 100% and now working through Mario Wonder

Associate

You're not the first person I've heard say that, a lot of the people I went school with were sega fans back in the day so Mario was kinda glossed over.

I tend to recommend Super Mario 3 as a starting point, more so the snes version on the Mario All-Stars cart :)

Modern 2d wise you can't go wrong with Mario Wonder

Last edited:
Soldato
You're not the first person I've heard say that, a lot of the people I went school with were sega fans back in the day so Mario was kinda glossed over.

I tend to recommend Super Mario 3 as a starting point, more so the snes version on the Mario All-Stars cart :)

Modern 2d wise you can't go wrong with Mario Wonder
Is the snes version any different to the original?

Soldato

WTF

Also get the pro, it’s brilliant worth money IYAM.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
To be fair, similar here, I was a Sega / Sony kid growing up and only played Mario games at friend's although some of my fondest gaming memories growing up are Super Mario Bros 3 on NES along with Mario 64 and Kart 64!!

Mario Wonder is great, I just got it for Christmas and I'd also recommend Mario Odyssey!

Soldato

Super Mario World is a timeless classic, 10/10 imo.

Associate
Braw, thanks for the all the recommendations. :D

I'll maybe start of with Odyssey for the more recent ones. I'm awaiting delivery of an Anbernic RG35XX Plus so I'll batter through all the older ones on that whenever it arrives!

I was definitely a Sega kid when I was younger so Sonic was my go-to. I'll even confess to having only played 3 Zelda games - Twilight Princess, BOTW, and TOTK, which I never finished!

Back
Top Bottom