*** Nintendo Switch ***

PayDay Lover
Associate
They should have made Sun / Moon for the 3DS AND switch.
They should be releasing the sequal on the switch at least

Thats how you move consoles.

Instead we wont be getting one for a while.

While that is true, moving consoles is not their issue - actually having consoles to move is. The demand is already high, having Pokémon out now won't do much to help because they do not have the supply.

By the time Pokémon comes to the Switch, they might just about have managed to sort their supply line so will be pretty good timing.
It wouldn't surprise me if a bit down the line they then also announce ports from 3DS to Switch

Man of Honour
Yep!

I won't pick it up until we've finished Death Squared. But after watching videos, its a definite buy for me :)

The next game night with friends should be great with Snipperclips, Bomberman (playing with 6 players this is the current favourite game!), Mario Kart, ARMS, Death Squared and Overcooked.

Permabanned
While that is true, moving consoles is not their issue - actually having consoles to move is. The demand is already high, having Pokémon out now won't do much to help because they do not have the supply.

By the time Pokémon comes to the Switch, they might just about have managed to sort their supply line so will be pretty good timing.
It wouldn't surprise me if a bit down the line they then also announce ports from 3DS to Switch

Why is it Nintendo that always has supply issues? I guess with the switch there is a lot more intricate parts.... But it's been the same with many Nintendo launches and the following 6 month / year period

Caporegime
The next game night with friends should be great with Snipperclips, Bomberman (playing with 6 players this is the current favourite game!), Mario Kart, ARMS, Death Squared and Overcooked.
Sounds like a blast :)

Looking forward to getting extra joy cons soon to begin arranging similar nights with friends :)

Caporegime
Make sure your wifi chip has been repaired first as it ruined the evening having some controllers occasionally be unresponsive.
Well tomorrow we are calling Nintendo (neither of us are working so we have time to do it) and after your comments here I think I will send the whole console with joycons off to them to repair the joy con and double check the wifi as well, just to rule out that possibility. I'd rather send it all off once and make sure its all done and dusted. :)

Man of Honour
Anyone know what time Overcooked releases? Not available yet in the German eShop...

I've downloaded it already.

Well tomorrow we are calling Nintendo (neither of us are working so we have time to do it) and after your comments here I think I will send the whole console with joycons off to them to repair the joy con and double check the wifi as well, just to rule out that possibility. I'd rather send it all off once and make sure its all done and dusted. :)

Definitely worth doing. It's a known issue at Nintendo and they just replace the whole wireless module.

It was annoying sending it off twice to them.

Soldato
Hopefully Nintendo stop hedging their bets with the 3ds as merging all console and handheld dev teams would be a big advantage.

I bet the next Pokemon is still on the 3ds.

I disagree Kreeeee, I reckon the way they approached the E3 presentation was pretty much confirmation of it's gonna be a Switch game.

It would be weird to bring it out on both as you essentially limit the Switch version based on hardware limitations of the 3DS.

Hell the 3DS struggles when you through an extra Pokémon or two on the screen currently.

As for the sales so far, fantastic start and if they can keep churning out the titles then momentum will continue.

I really need to start Splatoon 2 but really want to finish Disgaea 5 Complete first which I am thoroughly enjoying to my surprise.

Man of Honour
It would be weird to bring it out on both as you essentially limit the Switch version based on hardware limitations of the 3DS.

Nintendo have a strong history of doing exactly that!

They did it with Pokemon after the 3DS launched, and they've done it with two Zelda games just from the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few more examples but Nintendo love bridging generations rather than committing to new ones.

The frame rate issues in Pokemon are due to Gamefreaks' poor coding not hardware limitations as there are much more demanding games on the 3DS that run far better. They've just never updated the engine since going 3D.

Soldato
Why is it Nintendo that always has supply issues? I guess with the switch there is a lot more intricate parts.... But it's been the same with many Nintendo launches and the following 6 month / year period

I think its a bit different this time, I seem to remember reading the main issue is flash chips, there are just not enough being produced for all phones, tablets, consoles etc, I would imagine the flash fab plants are either running at full capacity, or reducing inventory to drive up flash prices

Kimbie

Back
Top Bottom