*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Sorry for the noobie question, but, our right joy con seems to lose it connection quite a lot and when it is paired there seems to be a major lag when pressing buttons. Will game be able to replace it for me or do I need to contact Nintendo?

Mines playing up but I just haven't had a chance to send it back due to wanting to play the games :D once I'm done with Mario I'll get it back to them. You need to send the joy con direct to Nintendo. They have a support page about repairs on their site.

It's a common fault btw, many here have had it and been repaired etc. Mine happens if anything blocks line of site to the console. Pretty poor really but glad they have admitted the fault and are willing to fix it

Man of Honour
Sorry for the noobie question, but, our right joy con seems to lose it connection quite a lot and when it is paired there seems to be a major lag when pressing buttons. Will game be able to replace it for me or do I need to contact Nintendo?

Nintendo are useless with faulty right joy cons. I had to replace my system with Amazon as it turns out it was my Switch that was faulty not the joy con and Nintendo couldn't find a problem.

Left joy cons are a different story entirely.

Here's my experience:

I had problems with 2 sets of joy cons on my Switch (the usual left joy con issue), both of which were sent to Nintendo and repaired.

Once I got them back I noticed that the right joy cons had laggy or dropped inputs if I held the joy con in the wrong way (too much of my hand wrapped around it), had the joy cons too close together, or if it was too close to my body or obstructed by my leg. I probably didn't notice this before because of how bad the left joy cons were with their disconnects.

I sent everything (4x joy cons and the Switch) to Nintendo for repair but they said there was no fault found and that everything was operating within normal parameters.

Once Nintendo released the save data transfer utility I bought a new Switch and transferred all my data across. On this new Switch every singly joy con (all 6 of them!) worked perfectly, and on my old Switch all of the right joy cons had the lag/dropped input problem.

I can now use any joy con from around 6 meters behind my back with no problems even with 8 joy cons connected to my Switch simultaneously.

In summary if your right joy con appears faulty it's probably actually your Switch that's faulty and Nintendo may not repair it. I recommend buying a new Switch, transferring your data, and then returning your old one for a refund.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not posted here in over 6 months and I just had a look and I still have the 4th highest post count :o:p

Getting back into playing with it again with Mario Odyssey and just picked up Mario + Rabbids from kinger8938 :D

Caporegime
A huge leak may have just emerged on Reddit as member DasVergeben could have just spilled the beans on a number of upcoming video games. As always these kinds of posts should be taken with a grain of salt, but it’s certainly worth a read:

• A Switch port of Dragon Ball FighterZ is in the works and will likely come out in Fall/Winter 2018.
  • Soul Calibur VI is in development for Nintendo Switch (alongside PS4 and PC). Link would return as a guest character on the Switch version.
  • There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon’s 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.
  • Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I’ve heard. I’m hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don’t know which development studio.
  • There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.
  • The Switch’s Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.
  • Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I’ve heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.
  • According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.
  • Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I’m not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.

Lots of potential good news, if its real that is...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lots of potential good news, if its real that is...
That is good news. Best one for me personally is Soul Calibur VI on PC, but nice to see it come to the Switch.

Did you eventually get a Switch in the end Phate? I remember back in March you wanted one but could not buy it at the time due to other obligations. Did not stop you from being super excited about it and posting like mad though ;)

:) hope you enjoy it!
I hope so too man. I heard it was a bit like XCOM. I enjoy games like that so thought I would give it a go.

I have a wanted thread for more Switch games, so if anyone else is looking to sell at non rip off prices, then give me shout :)

Caporegime
That is good news. Best one for me personally is Soul Calibur VI on PC, but nice to see it come to the Switch.

Did you eventually get a Switch in the end Phate? I remember back in March you wanted one but could not buy it at the time due to other obligations. Did not stop you from being super excited about it and posting like mad though ;)
Yes, I was given one as a wedding gift by my best man and photographer. I've got Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario and some e-shop games. It's been great so far. I am pondering DOOM....a game I really want to play but when I can get it for €7 on the laptop and I think my work laptop will actually run it. It's hard to justify an extra €40 for the Switch one. We will see.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yes, I was given one as a wedding gift by my best man and photographer. I've got Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario and some e-shop games. It's been great so far. I am pondering DOOM....a game I really want to play but when I can get it for €7 on the laptop and I think my work laptop will actually run it. It's hard to justify an extra €40 for the Switch one. We will see.
Ah, that is nice of him. Congrats by the way :)

Man of Honour
I've seen loads of stuff on here about dodgy joycons. Have they ironed out the issues, now? So if I ordered a Switch today would it be new stock where they've sorted the problem already, for example?

Very few places will have old stock due to the popularity and manufacturing shortages.

Soldato
I hope so too man. I heard it was a bit like XCOM. I enjoy games like that so thought I would give it a go.

I have a wanted thread for more Switch games, so if anyone else is looking to sell at non rip off prices, then give me shout :)

It's certainly got similarities to Xcom but is a bit more forgiving! Don't let that sway you though, it gets quite tough :D

Man of Honour
I seem to be suffering from some issues with the Joycon on the Switch I bought on launch in March - I suspect I'm seeing it now as the dock is a little further away from where I sit now I've moved it.
Am I easier going back to the retailer and getting it swapped for a new one (Amazon) or should I send it into Nintendo?

Soldato
I seem to be suffering from some issues with the Joycon on the Switch I bought on launch in March - I suspect I'm seeing it now as the dock is a little further away from where I sit now I've moved it.
Am I easier going back to the retailer and getting it swapped for a new one (Amazon) or should I send it into Nintendo?

Amazon nintendo repairs are a complete joke.

Back
Top Bottom