*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Anyone here purchased Doom yet?

I have it for the PC, but will be interesting to see if its worth a punt to go mobile as well.

Yes, I'm playing through at the moment in handheld mode. Looks great and plays smooth although I am on the easy level so not as many opponents to slow it down. I've got it on PC also but I cant be bothered playing it there as its more convenient on the switch. Picked it up for £36 ish on the South African Nintendo store.

Soldato
Picked it up for £36 ish on the South African Nintendo store.

Interesting, how does that work? Do they send you a code you redeem on your switch?

I know the switch is region free....so it might offer some interesting alternatives...

I have access to multiple bank accounts overseas so I have no issue paying in the local currency and in India I can see both Doom and Skyrim going for about 799 rupees each. Which is about a tenner.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting, how does that work? Do they send you a code you redeem on your switch?

I know the switch is region free....so it might offer some interesting alternatives...

I have access to multiple bank accounts overseas so I have no issue paying in the local currency and in India I can see both Doom and Skyrim going for about 799 rupees each. Which is about a tenner.

Just change your store region to whichever is the cheapest and then I've used a Revolut virtual card to pay for it so i don't get charged transaction fees.. I followed Kreee's advice on it a few pages back. Looks like I missed a trick though if I could have got it from the Indian store.

Soldato
Just change your store region to whichever is the cheapest and then I've used a Revolut virtual card to pay for it so i don't get charged transaction fees.. I followed Kreee's advice on it a few pages back. Looks like I missed a trick though if I could have got it from the Indian store.

Ignore me, there isnt an Indian store. The 'R' I normally associate with rupees, turns out its Rand in the SA store!

Soldato
Microsoft wants to make games for other consoles so it's not off the table.
I thought that was just taken from a mistake made in an interview?

Is it actually happening then? Would be a good move. Don't see why they would now that they have this beast of a system, surely they want to make games just for that to encourage people to go to that platform?

Back
Top Bottom