1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Nintendo Switch ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Boomstick777, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Nikumba

Mobster

I have the red/blue that came with my switch but also the neon yellow ones and I like them

2. Phate

Caporegime

I really want the green & pink, but haven't gotten around to it or the need yet.

3. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

Are they available on their own?

4. Phate

Caporegime

They're expensive, but you get a free console and game thrown in.

5. Kreeeee

Caporegime

Yes, amazon Japan.

6. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

Thanks! Couldn't get them from Amazon JP as they only had them on 3rd party sellers (who won't ship globally) - sourced some at Play Asia though, same price as the UK + delivery, they do look nice

7. Kreeeee

Caporegime

Ah, they used to have them direct from Amazon.

The Mario Red are by far my favourite ones. They add a bit of colour without making it look like you're playing with a toy for six year olds when using it on the train. Green and pink are nice in the privacy of my own home :p

8. Plainsong

Soldato

I have a Play-Asia account. Will check it out later!

9. Alexrose1uk

Sgarrista

Cheers; wasn't sure if it'd clock up on mains to ensure FPS are stable.

10. Plainsong

Soldato

Ordered!

11. Grey M@a

Hitman

Those who have returned the Switch for repair, if they swap out the unit do they transfer the data to the replacement Switch? Bought mine from Argos I think but thinking of sending this to Nintendo to get the WiFi sorted.

Mine has the WiFi issue where I can't be more than 3.8cm aware from the router and it drops the connection. I play docked 90% of the time because of it and bought a USB Ethernet adaptor. Delayed sending it back as earlier in the Switch's release cycle people were stating that they were losing their data and purchases not swapped over to the new hardware etc. Is this still the case or will they data transfer, only thing putting me off sending this thing in.

12. Kreeeee

Caporegime

Yes. The only time they do not is if the system won't boot up or has issues with the transfer.

13. Grey M@a

Hitman

Thanks for that, I waited on the firmware as other stated it worked for them, my joy cons are good as I barely use them, always docked at present.

Will have a word with Nintendo and see what they can do.

14. SAM81

Wise Guy

Yeah, they seem to have phoned this one in. It runs fine but looks really bad and i'm finding the jaggies quite distracting

15. Kreeeee

Caporegime

They've said on Reddit they they will be looking into performance enhancing patches in the near future.

16. DagsJT

Gangster

Rocket League definitely has some frame rate drops, quite off putting.

17. Minstadave

Capodecina

Sad about Rocket League, it’s about as undemanding as games get so it sounds like a half assed attempt. I’ll wait to see if it gets fixed. If Skrim is running on the Switch with that awful Creation Engine then RL should be a walk in the park.

18. omnomnom

Mobster

There's alot physics in play with Rocket League...I wouldn't be so dismissive of the demands to be honest.

19. Minstadave

Capodecina

Doesn’t look to be physics being the issue as they’ve got it running at 60fps. It’s the low rent graphics that seem to be the issue.

20. Phate

Caporegime

I get the impression that they had set a release date and ran out of time. They got it running at 60fps which is great. But graphically it needs further optimization from what I've seen reported. The devs also stated that they will continue working on it to improve the graphics. From what I read before they have to stop working on it about 6 weeks before the release date before going live with it.