*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Picked up a Mario Odyssey bundle in Black Friday :).

Can I ask what the general consensus is on screen protectors? I have to say the build quality is not very encouraging, I'd never normally bother with a phone or tablet but this thing feels a lot cheaper. If I need one, are there any which aren't really noticeable?

It's a soft plastic screen which compared to the glass phone screens doesn't break when dropped but scratches easily.

Get a tempered glass screen protector on it and it will feel just like a modern phone screen, avoid the plastic ones.

Soldato
V-Rally 4 - Nintendo Switch Gameplay

Soon, you'll be able to take the legend everywhere you go!

V-Rally 4 will be available on Nintendo Switch™ on December 13th worldwide and on February 05th, 2019 in North America!

Can't wait until then? Fear not, V-Rally 4 is already available on Steam, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!

Main features:

• V-Rally Mode: V-Rally's Career mode represents the heart of the racing experience.
• Quick race: quickly access all the game's content (vehicles and environments), for all categories. There's nothing better for training, testing vehicles, and getting used to their handling.
• Multiplayer: Offline split-screen.
• 22 environments and Stage Generator: numerous pre-generated tracks and the ability to drive created special stages in Rally mode.
• Vehicle customization: in Career mode, a livery editor allows you to completely customize your vehicle and give it the colours you want!
• More than 50 cars: Collect legendary historic (Lancia Delta S4, Porsche Carrera SC Safari, Mustang Fastback…) and modern (Ford Focus RS RX, MINI John Cooper Works, Volkswagen Polo R WRC…) cars

Soldato
Can't friggin wait!

...until I get to work on Monday to pick it up and play it that evening.

However, the game awards tomorrow night. Fingers crossed for some Metroid content :)

Yeah I've just seen some report of a tweet suggesting a Metroid Prime trilogy port coming to Switch as an appetizer for 4. I would be all over that if true!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Looking forward to some trailers and gameplay hopefully coming out this Thursday for the Switch. Would be great to have some new announcements and some updates on previously announced games

The first "new"metroid prime on the GC is probably still my favourite game ever and I would be all over a remastered trilogy.

Soldato
I got a despatched email earlier from
ShopTo, don’t hold much hope of it arriving tomorrow though as sounds like their delivery has been shoddy of late for others, only ordered as was discounted on Black Friday through eBay.

Associate
I've been trying to decide for a few weeks whether now is the time I get a Switch or not. With let's go and smash coming out I think I'm finally coming round to it.

How are games in handheld mode? I think that would be the main way I'd end up playing (90+% of the time). I feel like I might be missing out on something though by not playing on the big screen.

Soldato
I've been trying to decide for a few weeks whether now is the time I get a Switch or not. With let's go and smash coming out I think I'm finally coming round to it.

How are games in handheld mode? I think that would be the main way I'd end up playing (90+% of the time). I feel like I might be missing out on something though by not playing on the big screen.

I did 95% of Zelda in handheld, maybe 140 hours (I took my time!). Some games have a noticeable difference in quality but that's up to developer competence. All the big games are first class in portable, I do remember one with had tiny text that was barely legible

Soldato
I play mostly handheld and it is great. I've put over 30 hours into Civ 6 in the past 2 weeks only playing in handheld and it's amazing that I can play a text heavy and complex strategy game like this on a handheld. I do still play it through my TV for online MP games like Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 so I'm probably about 80/20 handheld/TV.

Soldato
Keep an eye out for sales on the store over the next day or so. Apparently the Game Awards is on tonight or early morning and they do sales across all platforms to tie in I guess with nominations. Celeste is up for GOTY so maybe that will be among those discounted

Back
Top Bottom