*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Not being a young pup I have to use reading glasses in handheld apart from that inconvenience love it. Petridish, go for it, you'll not regret it.

Boss_deals eBay seller did me proud, not sure I have been.this excited to play a release since the N64 Golden Eye days.
If you did not read between the lines. My copy of Smash is here, just about to start WOL. :D

Man of Honour
I've been trying to decide for a few weeks whether now is the time I get a Switch or not. With let's go and smash coming out I think I'm finally coming round to it.

How are games in handheld mode? I think that would be the main way I'd end up playing (90+% of the time). I feel like I might be missing out on something though by not playing on the big screen.

The games have parity in hand held mode with the full screen mode, but with lower resolutions.

If you only ever play in hand held mode you will have a great experience, but some games have text that's too small.

Man of Honour
Cheers all for the replies! Sounds pretty positive from everyone then. Think I'll commit, now to find a good deal! :D

Well it's just Smash 4 with a 10% speed increase across the board and some minor balance changes so we already know how good it will be. Oh, and all the characters from every entry in the series and a handful of new ones.

Soldato
Smash reviews are live. The best the series has been apparently! 9.4 at ign.

One thing to note is none of the reviews seem to be mentioning Online so scoring at this stage seems odd. They can't test it until servers go live at launch (so guessing today in Japan, as Kree has mentioned)

Man of Honour
The game is live now if you are on an Australian account. I am going to start it in a few minutes but I'll not be playing online until my region is live.

Edit: Grrr, it works but it checks your IP address too so you have to spoof that to an Australian one too. What a pain, but at least it's working. Now how do I unlock Wolf!?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just picked up Starlink: Battle For Atlas Starter Pack for £29.99. Been waiting for it to drop, but didn't think it would hit that price.

Soldato
ROFLMAO.

So I ordered from Amazon....

The old Amex pinged that £49.99 was deducted...
And then soonafter... £79.99 deducted from Smyths.
And I was like... wth.

Checked my Smyths history....

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Special Edition Nintendo Switch
£84.99
Items Total:
£84.99
Total Discount
£5.00
Total
£79.99

Ordered back in August :D

Back