*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Let us know what you think, £40 seems steep but if it’s a classic I’ll pick it up.

I'm enjoying it playing solo. It's quite easy compared to something like Tropical Freeze (so far anyway). Collecting all the coins and doing the time trials will be a tougher ask. There seems quite a lot to do outside of the Mario campaign plus there's the Luigi campaign which I've not looked at yet. All in all pretty pleased with it. I never owned a Wii U so this is all new to me.

Associate
Yep, been playing a lot of new Super Mario Bros U Deluxe a lot since I got it, it's so fun.

It's definitely worth getting it if you never had the Wii U version (which I didn't, so the game's new for me).

Soldato
Strange one, maybe for the official Ninty forum but has anyone had an issue with games not updating? Mainly I am having issues with Binding of Isaac, there’s a new update (which think takes the game to 1.3) and a couple of my friends have the update and have been playing for days now but my console doesn’t even recognise there’s an update and is stuck on 1.1, even when I force the console to check it says its up to date. I’ve tried deleting the game, deleting my profile, reinstalling everything but for the life of me it won’t update or find there is one?!

Man of Honour
Strange one, maybe for the official Ninty forum but has anyone had an issue with games not updating? Mainly I am having issues with Binding of Isaac, there’s a new update (which think takes the game to 1.3) and a couple of my friends have the update and have been playing for days now but my console doesn’t even recognise there’s an update and is stuck on 1.1, even when I force the console to check it says its up to date. I’ve tried deleting the game, deleting my profile, reinstalling everything but for the life of me it won’t update or find there is one?!

Do you both have the same format (physical vs digital) and from the same region?

I know some games (such as Diablo 3) vary with the patches between regions as they are considered to be separate titles.

Edit: The Binding of Isaac is also one of these games, see the warning here: https://eshop-prices.com/games/281-the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth?currency=GBP

Soldato
Continuing with Breath of the Wild again this past week, getting back into it like nothing else. I've got around 20 shrines to find, and most of the DLC to complete, but I'm just happy moseying about and seeing new things (I've been utilising the heroes path to see where I've not been, fantastic little feature).

I've ploughed 120 hours into the game now, across two saves (roughly 60 hours each). Once I've found all the shrines, completed all the DLC, and reached 300 or so Korok seeds I might start a fresh game and play it through on Master Mode.

What stunning value for money this game represents.

Soldato
Master Mode only comes with the DLC, correct?

I have the game and I am only 2 hours in so I was thinking about getting the DLC before really getting into it, but it doesn't seem to add much to the main story from what I have read so I might give it a miss

Caporegime
Master Mode only comes with the DLC, correct?

I have the game and I am only 2 hours in so I was thinking about getting the DLC before really getting into it, but it doesn't seem to add much to the main story from what I have read so I might give it a miss
I thought you had to beat Ganon to get master mode.
The DLC adds some stuff which should have been in there from the beginning. IMO its worth it for the Master Trials alone. Plus it "fixes" the Master Sword which was stupidly gimped out of the box. So its worth it for that :)

Also the heros path is excellent as well. A very good feature.

EDIT: Nope you're right, MM came with DLC :)

Associate
Just picked up Super Mario Bros so looking forward to trying that later

I never played Mario 3D world, i hope they bring it out on the Switch as all ive heard is "best 3d mario"

i do actually have a wii u which i got very very late just to try Mario Maker so maybe ill pick it up for that

Soldato
I am thinking about picking up Mario Odyssey once I look into the multiplayer.
GF isn't a fan of Nintendo but I did manage to get her hooked with 3D World on WiiU, so I am hoping it is similar to that

I am surprised also that Switch games don't come with a manual.

I purchased BOTW from a member here on the forums and there was no manual, so I doubled checked online and it seems that they don't come with one. It's sad because I am enjoying BOTW but during the loading screen at the top right it says I have some things but I don't know what they are because I don't have a manual that tells me :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I am thinking about picking up Mario Odyssey once I look into the multiplayer.
GF isn't a fan of Nintendo but I did manage to get her hooked with 3D World on WiiU, so I am hoping it is similar to that

I am surprised also that Switch games don't come with a manual.

I purchased BOTW from a member here on the forums and there was no manual, so I doubled checked online and it seems that they don't come with one. It's sad because I am enjoying BOTW but during the loading screen at the top right it says I have some things but I don't know what they are because I don't have a manual that tells me :(

Mini guide available at the Nintendo store for 75 Platinum points.
https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/823e7e04555dac0f?lang=en-US

*Edit. Oops no longer available.
This is full of everything you may need to know.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/switch/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/faqs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom