*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Sept 2017 from Game. So def over 1 year. Might be able to get this back from my insurance. I've seen some posts on replacement case being £170 from nintendo support UK..

Associate
I tried the demos of Yoshi and Daemon X, really enjoyed both and will probably end up pre - ordering Yoshi, looking forward to Mario Maker 2 as well!

I might pick up FF9 as well as i never finished it on PSOne, i did get right near the end tho

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sept 2017 from Game. So def over 1 year. Might be able to get this back from my insurance. I've seen some posts on replacement case being £170 from nintendo support UK..

If you are handy with repairing things or are willing to have a go you will probably find you can repair it yourself. Parts for the switch are easily available and some are surprisingly cheap. Have a google about your issue and see if anyone else has had the same problem.

I don't suppose you have a third party dock or has just updated the switch when it started happening?

Soldato
Played the Yoshi demo and yeah just what I was expecting. I loved and will be keeping my pre-order. Sure it is easy but sometimes it's just nice to chill and take in the sights and sounds. No Hollow Knight rage here :)

Soldato
I'm going to buy a game on the eshop for this evening! I like the look of Moonlighter but not sure if I've had enough of these rougelike games? Or maybe Wargroove as that looks pretty good too!

Soldato

Just take it back to game for a replacement, the downside is you will lose any local saves.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2009/may/23/tesco-consumer-guarantee

Not sure what all the discussion is about.

Soldato
I'm going to buy a game on the eshop for this evening! I like the look of Moonlighter but not sure if I've had enough of these rougelike games? Or maybe Wargroove as that looks pretty good too!

I have both on my watch list but waiting for a sale. Both were pretty well received so depends on what you prefer.

Edit just noticed that Moonlighter is on sale. Still a bit steep!

I bought FFIX not jumped in yet though.

Daemon X Machina not sure if I like it. Looks ropey in handheld but I suppose it was kind of fun. I've never really been into mech games. Early days I guess.

Last edited:
Soldato
My switch is crashing when inserted into the dock, needs a hard reboot to get out of the black screen. Tried 3 different (official) docks same issue. Need to send it back and it's OOW. Any idea how much this will set me back?
Should be covered under the EU 2 year warranty shouldn't it? They'll probably make it difficult but keep badgering them about it while quoting the EU law and they should give in.

Soldato
I have both on my watch list but waiting for a sale. Both were pretty well received so depends on what you prefer.

Edit just noticed that Moonlighter is on sale. Still a bit steep!

I bought FFIX not jumped in yet though.

Daemon X Machina not sure if I like it. Looks ropey in handheld but I suppose it was kind of fun. I've never really been into mech games. Early days I guess.

Moonlighter has 25% Off currently, not loads but maybe worth considering!

I'm tempted by FF too. Never played it and recently picked up an original ps1 copy :D

Soldato
Anyone got flashback ? Loved this on Amiga (showing my age) but wondering if best left in the past ?
I got it .Still a great game.

So happy for Links Awakening remake. Loved it on the GB when I was 12 .first Zelda I played and completed .That and LttP are my fav games ever still .

Last edited:
Caporegime
A friend of mine who plays nothing but retro games was actually disappointed at the announcement of Links Awakening. Because he saw it as the chance of the original coming to switch is practically zero now.

This is despite him owning umpteen amount on things he can play it on :p

Soldato
I see rocket league is reduced to £9 on UK site. Might give that a go !

Anyone seen any deals on joycons ? I need 2 more !
Nice, I have been after RL, it is on sale in SA store too; had some gold in there, which bought it down to £7.06.

Not sure on the Joycons. HotdealsUK has a yellow pair @£54.99??

Back
Top Bottom