*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Edit: I'm really struggling to get into Octopath Traveller even after 20 hours in the game. It's a beautiful game but the combat and storytelling are dire.

Dead Cells is also not doing it for me but that's because I can't find the permanent unlocks to travel to more of the map (such as the teleportation statues). I really don't think rogue-likes or rogue-lites are for me. I much prefer a properly designed game.

Completely agree on Octopath, and I agree on most rogue-like games. However, try Hyper Light Drifter if you haven't already, it's stunningly good

Man of Honour
Completely agree on Octopath, and I agree on most rogue-like games. However, try Hyper Light Drifter if you haven't already, it's stunningly good

It's sat on my home screen with zero play time as it was 30% off a while ago. I've just finished Yoku's Island Express (a charming if a little short Metroidvania/pinball crossover) so I might make that the next game I start.

Soldato
I didn't mind the combat in Octopath but the stories just weren't compelling enough so I dropped it in the end. It is a beautiful game and I loved the soundtrack. I am playing FFIX right now and the story (and everything else) is pretty great so I am enjoying it a lot more than I did OT.

Dead Cells I enjoy for a quick blast as I do really like the movement and combat 'if' I get the right weapon combinations. I have a few of the traversal unlocks but not all of them and yes it is frustrating when you get to the same boss again and die - knowing that the next unlock is on the other side of that boss. It is still fun though.

Hyper Light Drifter I bought day one and I have never touched it. I really want to play it but I have too much to get through.

Right now I am looking to play some cartridges of games I never finished first time around. Mario Bros U - didn't finish it - sold it. L A Noire - didn't finish though I enjoyed some things about it - rinse and repeat, too repetitive - sold. Next up, DOOM.

Soldato
I couldn't get on with Deadcells either. I get the appeal but I just wasn't enjoying it.

I tried hyperlight on PC once and it felt great, will pick it up at some point for a proper playthrough

Soldato
I am right near the end of Axiom Verge, but kept dieing on trying to take on the Sentinel. If anyone has any tips, feel free to share them :p

I think I need to restart that game when I have no other games to play. Any time away and I just forgot what I was doing the last time I played etc. The main issue with metroidvania style games imo. Best of luck though, it's clearly an excellent one of those!

Forgot I quite fancied hyrule warriors at a time, it's 29.95 on game collection, maybe now is a good time

Soldato
I just focused on the items that give you health making sure I was always at as high HP as possible before moving on to the boss then rinse and repeat. Took me a few goes to finally get it.

Caporegime
I looked it up on youtube. Seems like there is an easier method than I was trying, so I'll give it a go later.

TBF I was jetlagged and tired as hell so maybe it was more me than the game :D

Soldato
I enjoyed hyper light drifter but I wasn't stunned by it. Combat was good and the movement and combat was pretty great but it just lacked something.

What you found missing may be what I love about it. There's no dialogue or text of any kind. Even in the menus. The story and conversations are delivered in pictures and everything else in symbols. And it's fast and trippy, with the the same forgetting a dream vibe the Souls games have. It's like Dark Souls made intense, psychedelic 90's love to Secret Of Mana.

That is a mighty fine cushion!

Yes, it is :D

Associate
Does anyone have any recommendations for a local co-op game I can play with my girlfriend? I've shown her snipperclips but she kinda turned her nose up at it!

Preferably played in handheld mode so we can play it in bed...

Man of Honour
Does anyone have any recommendations for a local co-op game I can play with my girlfriend? I've shown her snipperclips but she kinda turned her nose up at it!

Preferably played in handheld mode so we can play it in bed...

Overcooked or Toad's Treasure Tracker depending on your ability to avoid calling your partner a ***** ***** ******** for making a small mistake :p

Soldato
Just buy it, any sale is just likely to give you a game you don’t want like just dance.

I would pick up a themed console bundle for a game that you want, they tend to be the best value assuming you want the included game.

Back
Top Bottom