*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
So the WSJ are following up on their reported rumour from last year of a new Switch model coming later this year. The new report now states that there are in fact two new Switch models planned - one a beefed up version and one a cheaper hand held only version. Expected announcement at E3 with a release planned for later in the year to coincide with the Pokemon Sword and Shield releases. Pinch of salt I guess but I would personally be interested in an upgraded model. Kotaku reporting on the article here.

Caporegime
I'll believe it when Nintendo announcement. Knowing WSJ I imagine its just click bait article. If they released a more powerful version, sure I would buy it on release day. But I'm more than happy with the Switch otherwise.

Soldato
Oh same I'd need to see it come from Nintendo for me to believe anything 100%. This Mochizuki guy though has been both right and wrong in the past (where's my Metroid Prime Trilogy ffs?!). There is probably something in it but yeah we need to see what Nintendo say.

Man of Honour
There is no reason for them to add more power, and there are many disadvantages (compatibility, consumer confusion, development complexity supporting 3 performance levels).

If (big if) this is real then it's probably an SKU without a dock and maybe a mini portable-only system with non-detachable joy cons. Maybe just a revision with a smaller border (bigger screen) and more internal storage but definitely not more power.

Associate
It's utter sh** the rumour is based off of another rumour which has been around longer than the switch they just keep releasing the "news" every year in hopes that they get it right Reggie the president of Nintendo America has even said they aren't releasing another version of the switch (yet) he said they only do it when sales start to fall and the switch is still selling above their expectations

Associate
Picked up a Switch from a colleague. £175 Brand New Unopened with four games:

Zelda BotW
Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8
Lego Super Heroes.

I picked up a Pro Controller and Super Smash Bros, so that should set me up for a few weeks!

Breath of the Wild is incredible, and I'm having a blast getting my backside handed to in Smash Bros.

Man of Honour
Picked up a Switch from a colleague. £175 Brand New Unopened with four games:

Zelda BotW
Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8
Lego Super Heroes.

I picked up a Pro Controller and Super Smash Bros, so that should set me up for a few weeks!

Breath of the Wild is incredible, and I'm having a blast getting my backside handed to in Smash Bros.

That's a great price. I'm happy to show you the ropes on Smash.

Last edited:
Soldato
If anyone in the Midlands is after a Switch, Argos Clearance Bargains in Walsall had some Grey consoles in for £169 at the weekend.

I was tempted to get a second and sell the Joy-Cons and the dock, since my primary console can't go online (modded console for Retroarch, Skyrim mods, save game back-ups).

Associate
Nintendo would be mad, it's still selling well! I can see a version that loses some of the bezel to either make it smaller (Jap friendly) or bigger screen XL style. It will keep the joycon compatibility, bonkers not to
The only thing I see Nintendo doing in 2 years is removing the bezels overclocking the CPU+GPU increasing battery size and making the screen 900p/1080p and increasing the overall size of the switch to be able to house the bigger battery

Back
Top Bottom