*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
It gets so much better the more stuff you unlock :D also, there’s four secret characters to unlock too. There’s also 4 secret chambers to find, and conquer, as well as the usual five :D there’s so much to discover ! Some of its impossible without a guide though I’d say.. or you’d have to be very lucky.

Okay so basically I've barely scratched the surface!? :D

Stop it! I know it's great and the story is great and so is the soundtrack and I want to buy it but I am...being...strong...must...resist..

Probably buy it tonight :p

I genuinely rarely recommend anything outright but... this game is a must in my opinion.

Soldato
Picked up Steamworld Quest, not loving it quite as much as the previous games but it's fairly entertaining. It has been very easy so far and I wouldn't say it plays itself but there isn't as much room for strategy as I'd hoped so far. Optimistic that as I get more cards (on Chapter 6 at the moment) that there will be more room for creativity. Unlocking/upgrading everything looks a bit grindier than I'd like so wouldn't be surprised if that is patched.

Man of Honour
Picked up Steamworld Quest, not loving it quite as much as the previous games but it's fairly entertaining. It has been very easy so far and I wouldn't say it plays itself but there isn't as much room for strategy as I'd hoped so far. Optimistic that as I get more cards (on Chapter 6 at the moment) that there will be more room for creativity. Unlocking/upgrading everything looks a bit grindier than I'd like so wouldn't be surprised if that is patched.
It's recommended everywhere to increase the difficulty one notch otherwise there is no need to use any strategic thinking.

Soldato
It's recommended everywhere to increase the difficulty one notch otherwise there is no need to use any strategic thinking.

I'm weighing up restarting, I didn't even bother to read reviews as I loved the previous games so much. It's still got the charm but it's rather shallow so far, possible I expected a bit much though.

Soldato
Is there a simple link to regularly check the Switch store for what's on sale at the moment, without doing it through the console?

The Nintendo website is absolutely woeful and I just end up going round in circles.

Soldato
Is there a simple link to regularly check the Switch store for what's on sale at the moment, without doing it through the console?

The Nintendo website is absolutely woeful and I just end up going round in circles.

Not sure if my filters will carry over with this link.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?f=147394-5-81-6956

If not, you can use filters to display only titles which are on offer. I then have this book marked.

There is a good reddit post too that tracks all the deals but I find it a bit hard to understand

Man of Honour
I'm weighing up restarting, I didn't even bother to read reviews as I loved the previous games so much. It's still got the charm but it's rather shallow so far, possible I expected a bit much though.
Heist was way too easy to triple star all the levels first time on normal too. I think that I'll up the difficulty for all their games.

Soldato
Yeah, at least on Heist I used to go for headshots all of the time to make it a bit more challenging. So far I've not had a character below half health, let alone in danger of dying. Some abilities are a bit overpowered (regeneration and shields) so I might avoid those.

Got another character and some more cards so there's more room for a bit of experimentation now.

Associate
Katana Zero would be my pick.

I completed it in 8 hours - really fun game, and you can pick up and play if you want (you probably won't, however).

Thank you for this recommendation, it's perfect and is brilliant to pick up and play.

I grabbed Thimbleweed too as I'm a big lover of point and click games, especially Monkey Island series.. given it was made by some of the same people who made them I thought I'd give it a blast

Soldato
Thank you for this recommendation, it's perfect and is brilliant to pick up and play.

I grabbed Thimbleweed too as I'm a big lover of point and click games, especially Monkey Island series.. given it was made by some of the same people who made them I thought I'd give it a blast

Chuffed you liked it! No problem at all.

I was a massive fan of Maniac Mansion on the NES back in the day, I think it's the same people as Thimbleweed Park?

Soldato
What case is everyone using? Just looking for a day to day case. I have the official one but find it a bit meh and fancy a change.

That's the one I use too and have found it to be absolutely faultless. Sure it's not going to light the world on fire but, don't you want something that's going to go under the radar?

Back
Top Bottom