1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Nintendo Switch ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Boomstick777, Jan 6, 2016.

1. wingman

Mobster

Final Fantasy VII on Switch has received an update, 1.01, which fixes a few things, but notably the music loop glitch which has plagued the re-releases for years. To my knowledge this is the only version that has received the update thus far, pretty much hailing the Switch version, in my mind, as the definitive version.

Buying tonight based on this alone.

2. KraniX

Wise Guy

I wasn't too fussed about making levels when I started but found this to be the most enjoyable part, much more than just playing levels.

Seeing the completion rate, where people failed or receiving stars for my course was really cool, looks like there are some good community tools this time round too.

3. wingman

Mobster

I'd buy SMM2 just for the 100 level story mode! But I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into this.

Did anyone play the original here? Is it likely this game is going to be hard to design levels with a controller? I like the idea of using the Switch's screen to build levels, but I also love playing on my TV.

4. Rusko187

Hitman

Bought it last week, if I'm honest there is 1 thing that really bugs me about the game... the display has black borders round the edges! WHY!!!

5. wingman

Mobster

That's the same on the PS4 version - to be fair I know it's annoying, but wouldn't stretching it out ruin the aspect ratio?

6. Rusko187

Hitman

Yes it would lol, I say this but it's not stopping me playing the game.

7. d_brennen

Capodecina

Loved FF VII when it was new. Can't even entertain the idea of grinding levels now

8. wingman

Mobster

Good job you don't have to then :p

There's both a 3x speed increase as and when you want it, random encounter switch off, and basically an invincibility mode (although you can still be beaten).

Having said that I do enjoy the grind, it's part of the experience.

9. maddog

Hitman

Does anybody have the mega drive collection on switch, was the input lag fixed?

10. JUMPURS

Capodecina

I just can't get on with the battle system in ff ix :-(

11. d_brennen

Capodecina

Interesting, there's an option to take the core gameplay mechanic out then :p Still wouldn't want to play it again though. Never meet your heroes etc.

Switch estore has so much shovelware on it now :/ Hadn't looked recently, the whats new sections looks like a jumble sale

12. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Celeste has beaten me. I have had to stop doing the B sides or I'll never complete the game.

It's a shame that you can't save the B side progress and come back to it as I am not willing to do all the rooms up to the point I'm stuck at again.

13. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

And I'm glad I did. Surprisingly it's got quite a nice mirror story to the game.

14. wingman

Mobster

Interesting take - I've played FFVII every year since I first played it (1998, the PC version), I couldn't imagine never playing it again!

It's trash. Even their upcoming games aren't the games that you'd think Nintendo would be pushing. Honestly, it's awful - I basically don't browse on there anymore, rather, just look online to see what games I'd like and go on the store to buy said games.

15. Jae-So

Mobster

Any good cheap games to buy
    Just got a Switch and have nada to play.
    Got BotW coming later though.

16. Plainsong

Soldato

All the first party stuff is still pretty much full price physically (because Nintendo evergreens generally stay that way). Cheaper fun can be had with indie games on the store. Best way would be to go onto something like Metacritic and sort all games by score and look into what you might like.

17. Vince

Man of Honour

I have it and have never noticed the input lag.

18. Jae-So

Mobster

Thanks bud will look.
    Amazon just sent me an empty box where Zelda should be so I'm kinda ****** off.

19. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Today is the last day of the big eshop sale.

20. Jae-So

Mobster

Bought a few now