*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
^ Finished it just now. Took 14.5 hours, so a fair amount of time. Not too shabby.

Edit - this was collecting everything.

Overall 7.5/10 - YMMV.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm looking forward to that but like every other "AAA" game that comes to the Switch after being on other mediums for years, it will have the Switch tax and retail at nearly double what it should do.

I would love to get Doom, Diablo, Wolfenstein etc on the Switch but there is no chance I am paying more than £20 for any of them when they can be had for ~£10 on any other system and with far far superior graphics. I'm not going to put money into the pockets of greedy devs who have already made a mint from these games and are just profiteering.

Associate
Very tempted to buy Puyo Puyo Champions for £3.99 after playing it on Judgement mini-game...
So far games i'll be getting on Switch:
Astral Chain
Daemon x Machina
Pokemon Sword&Shield

My partner gave Oninaki demo a try and she actually likes it and can't wait to play it on Switch after I told her she might like it after seeing the trailer from square-enix E3.
Sucks its only digital only though.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to that but like every other "AAA" game that comes to the Switch after being on other mediums for years, it will have the Switch tax and retail at nearly double what it should do.

I would love to get Doom, Diablo, Wolfenstein etc on the Switch but there is no chance I am paying more than £20 for any of them when they can be had for ~£10 on any other system and with far far superior graphics. I'm not going to put money into the pockets of greedy devs who have already made a mint from these games and are just profiteering.
The Final Fantasy remasters are the most egregious for me. They're ports of remasters of 15+ year old games that have been out for years and could be had for a tenner on other platforms. But no, £40 please.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The Final Fantasy remasters are the most egregious for me. They're ports of remasters of 15+ year old games that have been out for years and could be had for a tenner on other platforms. But no, £40 please.

Its even better when there is a really well known bug that is present on an old version and they lovingly port that bug over to the "remastered" game.

Associate
Which remasters are we talking about? Final Fantasy 7-9(7 not out yet and 8 not confirmed for 8 release) are about £13-19 on the eshop and FFX/X-2 is the only one being sold for £40-45.

Soldato
Which remasters are we talking about? Final Fantasy 7-9(7 not out yet and 8 not confirmed for 8 release) are about £13-19 on the eshop and FFX/X-2 is the only one being sold for £40-45.
FFX/X-2 and XII specifically. VII and IX are expensive for what they are as well though, a starting price of £9.99 for each would have been a lot more tempting. As it is I'll stick to the PSP Go versions if I want to play them on the go.

Its even better when there is a really well known bug that is present on an old version and they lovingly port that bug over to the "remastered" game.
Yep. Square Enix are one of the worst for half arsed, expensive port jobs. Their Chrono Trigger and FFVI Steam ports are grim.

Associate
FFX/X-2 and XII specifically. VII and IX are expensive for what they are as well though, a starting price of £9.99 for each would have been a lot more tempting. As it is I'll stick to the PSP Go versions if I want to play them on the go.

Yep. Square Enix are one of the worst for half arsed, expensive port jobs. Their Chrono Trigger and FFVI Steam ports are grim.
This is Square-Enix we are talking about here with their pricing lol, even on Steam they charge them for £15 or something.

Soldato
Decided to catch up on some Switch games I've missed as I've barely touched it this year. Just got:

Baba is You
My Time at Portia
My Friend Pedro
Unravel Two
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Yoshi's Crafted World
Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem

I'm going to be busy :D Not even sure where to start :p

Soldato
Fire emblem is great but addictive. I dont care much for the story as it's so anime but the gameplay is solid especially If your playing on no resurrect mode ( not sure if that's a feature or standard in the upcoming game)

That being said I would not pay full price for it. It's not a 'must have' imo.

Man of Honour
Thoughts on the Links’s Awakening remaster? I loved that game and it had some brilliant puzzles/dungeons but being in the same ballpark price wise as breath of the wild just seems a bit.... greedy? Should be a budget title surely.

Caporegime
Thoughts on the Links’s Awakening remaster? I loved that game and it had some brilliant puzzles/dungeons but being in the same ballpark price wise as breath of the wild just seems a bit.... greedy? Should be a budget title surely.
It was never going to be.

Regardless of whether it is a new AAA title or a remake of a classic, devs cost more money these days.

Man of Honour
It was never going to be.

Regardless of whether it is a new AAA title or a remake of a classic, devs cost more money these days.
Eh I seriously doubt that this was a particularly expensive game to make for Nintendo compared to an original IP. I love me some LA but charging full price just seems a bit greedy.

Edit - so true I’ve said it twice :o :p

Back
Top Bottom