*** Nintendo Switch ***

PayDay Lover
Associate
I think I paid like a tenner for FF9?

X/X-2 and XII I agree. Prices are too hot for me even though I've never played them but would like to.

Yeah the remake costs are pretty outrageous. I bought FF7 and FF9 when on sale - think FF& was a bit less than a tenner and FF9 was a touch more. I had to wait a little because I refused to pay full price on them.

I got FFX/X2 for £25 I think, still overpriced, but doubt it will be much cheaper anytime soon and in reality, putting away my grumpy pants, £25 for two full sized games with that many hours of playtime is not a bad shout.

I have not bought XII yet because it was way to pricey even 'on sale'

Soldato
I want Fire Emblem but at the same time I have Awakening half finished and Fates CE not even touched so I should probably finish those first.

Me to but I can't resist the lure of a new fire emblem on switch. Plus I don't see it dropping in price much below £40 anyway if previous FE titles are anything to go by so nothing to be gained by waiting.

Thoughts on the Links’s Awakening remaster? I loved that game and it had some brilliant puzzles/dungeons but being in the same ballpark price wise as breath of the wild just seems a bit.... greedy? Should be a budget title surely.

I've felt that way about a lot of Nintendo titles recently. Links Awakening might justify full price but they'd need to add a lot of content. Likewise, I struggle to think that Luigi's Mansion 3 will justify the price tag either if the original Gamecube title or the DS remakes/sequels are anything to go by.

I'll probably still end up buying them but maybe not at launch!

Last edited:
Soldato
Me to but I can't resist the lure of a new fire emblem on switch. Plus I don't see it dropping in price much below £40 anyway if previous FE titles are anything to go by so nothing to be gained by waiting.

I've felt that way about a lot of Nintendo titles recently. Links Awakening might justify full price but they'd need to add a lot of content. Likewise, I struggle to think that Luigi's Mansion 3 will justify the price tag either if the original Gamecube title or the DS remakes/sequels are anything to go by.

I'll probably still end up buying them but maybe not at launch!

I'm having that thought about LM3 too, however right or wrong that may be :D it just seems like a captain road level of price/,content on the face of it. Not sure how much content there will be. I wont be able to help but compare it to Odyssey which I know is like chalk and cheese

Soldato
Well downloaded the Wolfenstein demo that came out yesterday. Sat down last night to give it a try and very disappointed that it said in order to play I either need to buy the game or know somebody else that owns the game to get a code.

I know there was a buddy pass but this was advertised as a "free trial" so I assumed I'd get an hour or first level of gameplay to try out. Very sad.

Soldato
Funny thing is completely legal, free, DRM-less versions of Doom have been on the Switch for ages, they even run at proper speed too. Only problem is you need a hacked Switch to get them :p.

Soldato
Is it not possible to get the official joycon grip anymore? The non charging one with the switch logo in the centre. I can't find it anywhere apart from on the US Nintendo store

Back
Top Bottom