*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Been playing this a couple of days and im stuck already. 1st two shrines done and I cant get to the other one I can see, too cold. I could google the recipe for the old man's doublet, but where is the fun in that?
When I played BOTW I used ign walkthrough and the wikia world map which didn't reveal too much but it put you in right direction if you get stuck.

Edit:
Side note for you Pokemon fans, there is going to be a Pokemon Centre opening for limited time only in October in Westfield London. Great opportunity to pick up some authentic japanese Pokemon merchandise that are normally only available in Japan.

Last edited:
PayDay Lover
Associate
I might be looking for one of these soon. Not interested in the Lite really as it would be mainly used on my TV while docked but would love the ability to take elsewhere when the fancy takes me. There are not a great deal of games I am interested in though, just breath of the wild, Mario kart and definitely the "new" Zelda Links Awakening with a fleeting interest in some other games. Just one of those "want one" for a few games... :o Second hand seem to be coming down to about £180 and will hopefully drop further when the Lite and the Refresh version comes out.

I bought the Switch for Zelda alone. I am mainly a PC gamer so the Switch was never intended to be main console. When I finished with Zelda (about 120hrs) it lay dormant for a good 18 months, so an expensive game, but no regrets - since Nintendo hold their value I could easily have made a lot of money back by selling it...but I didn't, and thank goodness for that - thanks to its portability I have now enjoyed playing FFVII, FFIX and FFX, games I enjoyed years ago but never found the time to complete and indulge in 'side questing' - each game has about 50-70hrs played and I can finally say I have completed them.
Add in a lot of fun Indie games for multiplayer, and if you have a friend you see regularly you can have a lot of fun with a session on those (I see my bro once a week now for a few hours of various games).

So what started as a Zelda machine has suddenly seen a lot of unexpected life this year, in fact, a danger of the weekly eshop sales is that not a week goes by that I am not now randomly picking up some cheap game that looks intriguing!

Associate
He's a polemic.

A quick scratch of his post history seems to be him clawing for attention by going against the opinions of the majority. Ignore the troll :rolleyes:

Picked up Dead Cells for a quick blast on the train each morning, really enjoying it! Love that feeling when a run just clicks! :cool:

Soldato
He's a polemic.

A quick scratch of his post history seems to be him clawing for attention by going against the opinions of the majority. Ignore the troll :rolleyes:

Picked up Dead Cells for a quick blast on the train each morning, really enjoying it! Love that feeling when a run just clicks! :cool:

I find his/her posts quite entertaining but I won't waste my time feeding it.

I love Dead Cells too. It's perfect for a quick blast.

Man of Honour
I find his/her posts quite entertaining but I won't waste my time feeding it.

I love Dead Cells too. It's perfect for a quick blast.

Dead cells is a weird one for me, I like all the non-rogue-like elements and I think it's such a shame that such good mechanics was wasted on a rogue-like game.

Soldato
Dead cells is a weird one for me, I like all the non-rogue-like elements and I think it's such a shame that such good mechanics was wasted on a rogue-like game.

Considering I am pretty much burnt out on rogue-like games I don't mind this. It's more rogue-lite than like where areas or mostly familiar and upgrades are permanent. I just love stacking purple damage and slicing everything. Some of the elite fights can be pretty intense (more so than the bosses sometimes). Since the patch a while back it is now super smooth as well. Plays much better than it used to. The randomness of weapons can be frustrating but I guess that's all part of the rogue elements. I get it though. An action platformer based around what they've created in terms of movement and combat would be amazing. I still enjoy it for what it is, though.

Man of Honour
Considering I am pretty much burnt out on rogue-like games I don't mind this. It's more rogue-lite than like where areas or mostly familiar and upgrades are permanent. I just love stacking purple damage and slicing everything. Some of the elite fights can be pretty intense (more so than the bosses sometimes). Since the patch a while back it is now super smooth as well. Plays much better than it used to. The randomness of weapons can be frustrating but I guess that's all part of the rogue elements. I get it though. An action platformer based around what they've created in terms of movement and combat would be amazing. I still enjoy it for what it is, though.

I beat the game once and that was enough for me.

Soldato
I still don't understand why virtual console wasn't just released with the switch, It's on the wii and wii u, Certainly would have made more money as I would have bought some old classic N64 games and such.

Definitely Mario Kart 64, quite a sentimental game that to me and my old man, we always used to play the battle mode with the balloons and the skyscraper

fez

fez

Caporegime
I still don't understand why virtual console wasn't just released with the switch, It's on the wii and wii u, Certainly would have made more money as I would have bought some old classic N64 games and such.

Definitely Mario Kart 64, quite a sentimental game that to me and my old man, we always used to play the battle mode with the balloons and the skyscraper

I assume they did the maths and decided that it was worth more to them to not do a VC and instead use it as a carrot for the online and then "remaster" some games to bleed the maximum amount out of us. Lets be honest, I doubt indie games and the large number of ports would have done as well if we had the VC from the start.

Associate
Oh Nintendo,

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ensify_as_another_prominent_youtuber_gets_hit

Toy company still living in 1986.

picard1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom