*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
I assume they did the maths and decided that it was worth more to them to not do a VC and instead use it as a carrot for the online and then "remaster" some games to bleed the maximum amount out of us. Lets be honest, I doubt indie games and the large number of ports would have done as well if we had the VC from the start.

A subscription model is more profitable in the long run, just look at where the entertainment industry is going with Netflix and gamepass.

Soldato
Oh Nintendo,

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ensify_as_another_prominent_youtuber_gets_hit

Toy company still living in 1986.

picard1.jpg
By protecting its IP?

fez

fez

Caporegime
A subscription model is more profitable in the long run, just look at where the entertainment industry is going with Netflix and gamepass.

I would agree if it wasn't such a cheap subscription and if most people wouldn't have it simply for the save backups and to be able to use any sort of online. I think that ultimately the lack of VC has pushed people towards indie and mainstream games which has been a good thing ultimately. There is no way Nintendo think that their current way of drip feeding us VC is for money making. I don't know many people who have NS online and cared even a little about the NES games. We all just wanted to protect our saves.

Man of Honour
I would agree if it wasn't such a cheap subscription and if most people wouldn't have it simply for the save backups and to be able to use any sort of online. I think that ultimately the lack of VC has pushed people towards indie and mainstream games which has been a good thing ultimately. There is no way Nintendo think that their current way of drip feeding us VC is for money making. I don't know many people who have NS online and cared even a little about the NES games. We all just wanted to protect our saves.

Much like Prime, Netflix, and XBL, the price will increase with time. the idea is generally to make a loss (or not maximise profits) early on to get people on board and used to paying for your service.

Soldato
i don't mind the subscription stuff as much with the switch as i actually play it online and i want the cloud saves after i got a scare on my octopath save file before and it is very cheap.

i cancelled my ps+ and only pay for the switch now.

Man of Honour
i don't mind the subscription stuff as much with the switch as i actually play it online and i want the cloud saves after i got a scare on my octopath save file before and it is very cheap.

i cancelled my ps+ and only pay for the switch now.

I only have NSO, Gamepass and a mobile SIM subscription. Gamepass is such great value for money.

Associate
£30-45 a year out of your pocket isn't a huge deal breaker per year, if you was to break it down by per month it be equivalent to someone buying a tesco lunch meal deal.
So if you was skip out buying tesco lunch meal deal once a month you will have about the right amount to pay for another yearly subscription.
Only subscription price i'm not biggest fan of is Amazon prime being more than what I would justify paying as I don't buy everything from amazon all the time so its not entirely worth it for me.

Soldato
£30-45 a year out of your pocket isn't a huge deal breaker per year, if you was to break it down by per month it be equivalent to someone buying a tesco lunch meal deal.
So if you was skip out buying tesco lunch meal deal once a month you will have about the right amount to pay for another yearly subscription.
Only subscription price i'm not biggest fan of is Amazon prime being more than what I would justify paying as I don't buy everything from amazon all the time so its not entirely worth it for me.
I swear Netflix and amazon prime are more like 70/80 a year. Heck even Spotify is that price

Associate
I swear Netflix and amazon prime are more like 70/80 a year. Heck even Spotify is that price
Well..I don't see why if the same people complain about PS4/Xbox live/NSO subscription price then and on a silly £40+ a month phone contract lol.
Game online subscription sounds cheap to me.
I have netflix account which I barely use at the moment but it's mainly the GF that use it.

Soldato
I've dropped XBL because I just don't use it anymore. Recently re-subbed to PS+ and I will keep my NSO running and I will be willing to pay more for snes games if that's what it takes. None of it is very expensive. I had GP for a while but never used it. It is great value if you use it.

Associate
Essentially pro controller chopped in half right, comfortable but no doubt going to be lot heavier to hold aswell. But i'm willing to give it ago if it makes playing experience better for the game its marketing towards.
Annoyingly the controller doesn't get release the same day as the game.

Soldato
There was a preview demo a while back. It was more of a tester for fans to post feedback etc. I sort of liked it but it was a bit janky and obviously an early build. The gameplay was cool but not oh my god I must have this. I've read some previews and they're saying it's all a lot more polished now. Like with Astral Chain (which I am also interested in) I am going to wait for some reviews. There's a a lot coming out last quarter of this year so I am going to have to be selective. Zelda next month is a 100% buy from me.

Associate
Daemon x machina game producer and designer worked on the Armored Core franchise for the PS1-PS3.
So if you're familiar with the franchise you'll know control movement is quite important, id imagine it was made purely because the joy-con users will eventually get uncomfortable playing the game with the amount of analogue movement due to the small grip.

I'm getting it purely because i'm a fan of Armored core and just from the test demo it definitely plays like the classics and not the PS3 era games.

Back
Top Bottom