*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
What's a good mario game to get? My last Mario game is super mario world in SNES so it has been awhile.
Should I get Odyssey or the 3D Wold + Bowser's Fury or something else?

Looking for something easy/chill game after work

Man of Honour
What's a good mario game to get? My last Mario game is super mario world in SNES so it has been awhile.

Odyssey is significantly better, and a really nice game to play casually exploring to get all the hidden moons.

Caporegime
Hey all

Not been around much lately, hope fellow switchers are doing well!

I have decided I want Pokemon Sword or Shield. Can I still purchase this with the DLC from the South African store? Is it still region free? :)

Thanks in advance! I'll also try to be around more :)

Soldato

Personally I prefer Mario 3D World, Odyssey is a good game but I found the running around in Odyssey a bit boring and a number of the levels quite empty.

The M3DW levels are really quirky and diverse, they introduce a new style or mechanic and then you get something else. Also, the music is fantastic and it has great co-op. It's definitely more of a regular platformer.

You've had some good answers already to your query, but like you said, definitely watch some gameplay videos on YouTube.

My last Mario game was Mario 64 (early 2000s), alongside Mario Party 2 & 3 and Super Smash Bros, all on the Nintendo 64. Plus, I never even owned an N64. The Switch is actually my first console which I got 4 months ago! In the end, I went for Super Mario 3D All-Stars which is a games bundle that contains Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy. I went for Galaxy, starting in early December, and nearly 2 months in. I have 63 stars (instead of the moons from moons from Odyssey) and I think the game has 120 in total, putting me at around half way through the game. It has interesting 3D graphics: if you imagine the special stage in Sonic 3 where you go round a planet collecting blue dots, then it's like that, but more 3D, more akin to the viral Tiny Planet videos that you see floating around YouTube. Difficulty is easy/moderate for the first 50 or so stars then it starts to ramp up after that. The bosses are especially great fun!

Associate
Not been actively looking at this thread for awhile but anyone else picking up Monster hunter rise? They have announced a special edition switch and pro controller as well now.

Associate
Any recommendations for headphones? Ideally wireless when docked, not too fused about microphone. Been looking at the SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Ringfit adventure arrived yesterday, although the wife wanted it I had a go and its a pretty decent way of working out.

The Ringfit Adventure sounds interesting.

My computer and 27" monitor is in the kitchen, with the monitor sat on my breakfast bar. I play on the Nintendo Switch on there too. The clearance between the edge of the breakfast bar and the cooker behind me is 120cm. That amount of space is fine for me to use the joy-cons while standing up e.g. Super Mario Party in Sound Stage mode. Just make sure you don't have any drinks nearby or anything else that you can knock over O.o :p

How much clearance would I need for the Ringfit? I could turn my monitor around 180° then it faces my lounge. I don't have a TV, so the monitor at 27" is the biggest screen that I have.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
The Ringfit Adventure sounds interesting.

My computer and 27" monitor is in the kitchen, with the monitor sat on my breakfast bar. I play on the Nintendo Switch on there too. The clearance between the edge of the breakfast bar and the cooker behind me is 120cm. That amount of space is fine for me to use the joy-cons while standing up e.g. Super Mario Party in Sound Stage mode. Just make sure you don't have any drinks nearby or anything else that you can knock over O.o :p

How much clearance would I need for the Ringfit? I could turn my monitor around 180° then it faces my lounge. I don't have a TV, so the monitor at 27" is the biggest screen that I have.

Enough room to swing your arms about, and be able to do v sit ups, might be others that need a little more space but those are the ones requiring the most room I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom