*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Afternoon Switchies… just picked up an OLED model after regretting getting rid of and older one about 18 months back. Didn’t play it much due to a couple of bereavements, so off the old one went.

Realised I had Mario Kart and Link’s Awakening linked to my account, and the new OLED came with TOTK, but other than BOTW are there any “must have” game recommendations I should be looking at? Not started TOTK yet, been playing Link’s Awakening fully first (love it) and a bit of Mario Kart otherwise.

Have to say that Nitro Deck looks like an absolute “want”, never mind need!

The Advance War 1 + 2 remaster is really good

Soldato
Anyone here played Cult of the Lamb?

Love the graphical style and it looks to be an interesting game. Opinion from someone who has played would be good to hear.

I just finished it on pc

It's really fun if you like rogue lite mechanics with some base building and a unique art style

My only complaint is the game is a little bit short, I believe it took me 8 to 10 hours

Last edited:
Associate
I just finished it on pc

It's really fun if you like rogue lite mechanics with some base building and a unique art style

My only complaint is the game is a little bit short, I believe it took me 8 to 10 hours

That is rather short, would you say it has much replay value?

Have seen there's been updates too and added missions so that could add some value to it.

Have seen the physical edition for £25 so may just take a punt as at least it's not a £40 game.

Soldato
That is rather short, would you say it has much replay value?

Have seen there's been updates too and added missions so that could add some value to it.

Have seen the physical edition for £25 so may just take a punt as at least it's not a £40 game.
Last time I checked it out there were quite a few bugs on Switch that have still yet to be squashed.

Alt

Alt

Associate
Hey all! I bought a Switch (OLED) recently. Great little machine.
I'd like to invest in a new TV, which will work well with my Switch. Budget: Up £700. I'm not sure about the size (either 50", or 55" perhaps)
An LG (50qned816qa.aek) looks good.
Any and all recommendations welcome!

Last edited:
Soldato
The switch only really runs at 1080p/30/60FPS(In Docked mode) so anything half decent should be good. I play my Switch OLED on my 55" LG C1 and it looks great. It was mainly purchased for PS5 though for 120hz gaming.

Reactions: Alt
Associate
Hey all! I bought a Switch (OLED) recently. Great little machine.
I'd like to invest in a new TV, which will work well with my Switch. Budget: Up £700. I'm not sure about the size (either 50", or 55" perhaps)
An LG (50qned816qa.aek) looks good.
Any and all recommendations welcome!
To be honest, as the Switch only displays up to 1080p max in docked mode almost any TV will be fine. No need to break the bank, unless you want to future proof for the rumoured Switch 2 late next year or another console like the PS5 or Series X, both of which offer 4k and can take advantage of HDMI 2.1

Associate
If you really like the OLED and you can see the difference in panel then save some more money and increase the budget so you can fit in a OLED TV into the equation, but any decent TV will work just fine like the previous comments have said.

Alt

Alt

Associate
If you really like the OLED and you can see the difference in panel then save some more money and increase the budget so you can fit in a OLED TV into the equation, but any decent TV will work just fine like the previous comments have said.
Which OLED tv do you recommend? I guess 50"-55". Currently, I have a 14 year old 32" Panasonic! An upgrade would be good.

Alt

Alt

Associate
To be honest, as the Switch only displays up to 1080p max in docked mode almost any TV will be fine. No need to break the bank, unless you want to future proof for the rumoured Switch 2 late next year or another console like the PS5 or Series X, both of which offer 4k and can take advantage of HDMI 2.1
Good information.
It's about time I upgraded my TV; buying a ps5 has crossed my mind.

Associate
Which OLED tv do you recommend? I guess 50"-55". Currently, I have a 14 year old 32" Panasonic! An upgrade would be good.
Can't go wrong with any of the new LGs B or C series OLED TVs.
120hz or greater refresh rate
Vsync/GSync
HDR
Supports all Dolby options(Vision,Atmos)
HDMI 2.1

Soldato
I would go for a LG C1 or C2. They are a couple of years old now (I believe there is a C3) so you can often pick the 55" for about £850. I have the C1 and its a fantastic TV. Great for all my games, movies and media. There are a couple of niggles but nothing that would say gives me a negative impression of the TV.

Associate
As others have said, go with the LG OLED. I've had a 55" for 18 months now and I still marvel at the picture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom