*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Won't be announced until next year. You don't want to announce a new console too soon before launch because it kills sales of your current device

As for competition; it's true the handheld market is very different now but I still feel like Nintendo buyers are not the same people in general who would buy a windows based handheld, they are there for the Mario, Zelda and Pokémon games

Last edited:
Associate
Nintendo don't need high-powered consoles to make the games they do. They are good at making fun enjoyable games that still look good with the internals they decide on.
They may not need to be high-powered but it needs to be able to run games smoothly at 30-60fps no matter what.
They have so many great games that run like trash(just about playable) because of the outdated hardware.
The direct is focused on games releasing for the remaining year, kinda funny they have announced a Direct and then sony announced their State of play as well.

Man of Honour
The Switch 2 will wipe the floor with whatever handheld PC is around (sales wise anyway) - the Steam Deck is projected across 2022 and 2023 to sell less than 4 million units - the Switch sold almost 3 million in its first month.
I know we're heavily skewed on here to PC gaming but the reality is most people just want something they can download a game to or stick a cart in without too much faffing around.

I do want to see more performance and the initial leaks coming out seem to be a good sign that it will be far more powerful than the very old mobile CPU the Switch is built around!

As for Nintendo Direct - the one new thing I saw I'm really keen on is the remastered Original Tomb Raider Trilogy - Tomb Raider 2 was one of my all time "wow" moments in console gaming, the graphics, the water effects, it was just more "real" than Mario 64 which I'd played about a week earlier.

Last edited:
Associate
Got through the practice stuff quickly yesterday which was great fun. What was even better was my daughter taking an interest in it and wanting to keep on playing to get through.

Soldato
I started it but found it a bit slow so went back to TOTK and i am at 151/152 shrines and i cant find the last one! :( I have even looked at maps and i cant tell which one i am missing even with Hero Path mode! I guess i am going to have to go old school and print off the map and mark every one of them off till i find it.

Soldato
I started it but found it a bit slow so went back to TOTK and i am at 151/152 shrines and i cant find the last one! :( I have even looked at maps and i cant tell which one i am missing even with Hero Path mode! I guess i am going to have to go old school and print off the map and mark every one of them off till i find it.

Use the interactive map on Zelda Dungeon - make an account and you can mark things off as complete as you go (or as you compare to your map if you're catching up like you plan to)

Soldato
I was really hoping to not get another Switch until the next one but they've forced me to really with the new Mario and Mario RPG. Also I got that feeling in my stomach they will 'mess up' Switch 2 launch by not releasing it with an OLED initially. There is always something they do that makes no sense (although price could be one there).

Associate
oooh that sounds great.. will get that sorted. Thanks
Are you sure you've missed one? I did this too and if you go in to a shrine but don't complete it then it still shows on the map which is really irritating.

Zoom in on all the shrines you've found and if one is orange in the middle you never completed it and it is the one your missing, mine was right at the start of the game in Hyrule.

Back
Top Bottom